Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-08-2022, 10:41 PM   #1096
Valen Tine
Spaghettificated Mushroom
Valen Tine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021
Any way to make this work for when I only have a .kfx version of the book?
Valen Tine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 11:29 PM   #1097
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valen Tine View Post
Any way to make this work for when I only have a .kfx version of the book?
For the functions that are not epub or mobi specific, they should work with a kfx. For the epub & mobi specific functions, no.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2022, 03:59 PM   #1098
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Version 1.12.0 - 19 Jan 2022
Changes needed for calibre 6
Are you sure about that?
the files in the archive still seem to use Qt5 and not qt.core.

Code:
try:
    from PyQt5.Qt import QMenu, QToolButton, QUrl
except:
    from PyQt4.Qt import QMenu, QToolButton, QUrl
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 04:27 PM   #1099
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by un_pogaz View Post
Are you sure about that?

Code:
try:
except:
From the "Plugin devs: Upcoming migration to Qt 6" thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Note that you dont need to change import statements as importing from PyQt5 automatically imports from PyQt6 instead when running calibre 6.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 04:28 PM   #1100
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by un_pogaz View Post
Are you sure about that?

Code:
try:
except:
All I can say is that it seems to work on the betas. I changed the place where it broke.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2022, 04:41 PM   #1101
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Note that you dont need to change import statements as importing from PyQt5 automatically imports from PyQt6 instead when running calibre 6
Oh. Sorry.
I missed that line.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 03:25 PM   #1102
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Add three new Check Mobi controls

Quality Check_1_12_1.zipHi, I tried to add three new check mobi controls into Quality Check plug-in ver 1.12.0. Attached my modified version (1.12.1)
  • Check MOBI7 type -> it controls if the ebook is an MOBI7 file type (in Calibre corresponds to converting to MOBI using the "OLD" value in the MOBI Output-> Mobi file type option)
  • Check MOBI8 type -> it controls if the ebook is a MOBI8=KF8 file type (in Calibre corresponds to converting to MOBI using the "NEW" value in the MOBI Output-> Mobi file type option)
  • Check MOBI7+MOBI8 type -> it controls if the ebook is an MOBI7+MOBI8 file type (in Calibre corresponds to converting to MOBI using the "BOTH" value in the MOBI Output-> Mobi file type option)

I used some python code that I have taken from KindleUnpack - The Plugin Calibre plugin. All my changes start with a #SS-add START comment and finish with #SS-add FINISH. I have modified these python files:
  • __init__.py
  • config.py
  • check_mobi.py

I am not a good python programmer so I ask you to please test it and if you like, update or optimize the code as well

Stefano

Last edited by theducks; 02-02-2022 at 08:47 AM. Reason: removed PI (newer version in #1104)
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 03:40 PM   #1103
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano.sb View Post
Hi, I tried to add three new check mobi controls into Quality Check plug-in ver 1.12.0. Attached my modified version (1.12.1)
  • Check MOBI7 type -> it controls if the ebook is an MOBI7 file type (in Calibre corresponds to converting to MOBI using the "OLD" value in the MOBI Output-> Mobi file type option)
  • Check MOBI8 type -> it controls if the ebook is a MOBI8=KF8 file type (in Calibre corresponds to converting to MOBI using the "NEW" value in the MOBI Output-> Mobi file type option)
  • Check MOBI7+MOBI8 type -> it controls if the ebook is an MOBI7+MOBI8 file type (in Calibre corresponds to converting to MOBI using the "BOTH" value in the MOBI Output-> Mobi file type option)

I used some python code that I have taken from KindleUnpack - The Plugin Calibre plugin. All my changes start with a #SS-add START comment and finish with #SS-add FINISH. I have modified these python files:
  • __init__.py
  • config.py
  • check_mobi.py

I am not a good python programmer so I ask you to please test it and if you like, update or optimize the code as well

Stefano
Please chjange the wording to for the Kindle eBooks.

Mobi7 = Mobi
Mobi8 = KF8
Mobi7 + Mobi8 = Dual-Mobi

That way you get the terminology correct. The only one that is correct is Mobi7 but it can also be called Mobi (correctly).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 07:46 AM   #1104
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please chjange the wording to for the Kindle eBooks.

Mobi7 = Mobi
Mobi8 = KF8
Mobi7 + Mobi8 = Dual-Mobi

That way you get the terminology correct. The only one that is correct is Mobi7 but it can also be called Mobi (correctly).
Hi, thanks for the suggestion. No problem. Attached the new version

Stefano
Attached Files
File Type: zip Quality Check_1_12_1.zip (162.4 KB, 109 views)
Old 02-17-2022, 04:31 AM   #1105
stefano.sb
Zealot

Hi, attached a new plug-in version. I updated the help file with the new three MOBI checks (MOBI7, KF8 ad dual-MOBI)

Stefano
Attached Files
File Type: zip Quality Check_1_12_2.zip (163.8 KB, 118 views)
Old 02-19-2022, 05:42 PM   #1106
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Epub content check suggestion

1. Check to see if there are headers/footers in a book. My pdfs that have been converted to text often have page numbers and author footers.

2. Check to see if there is a line height in the style files above/below a set number.

Too many authors have been double spacing, along with spaces between paragraphs.

I can change the spacing through conversion, but there really isn't a way of checking outside of opening up the book if there is an unacceptable line height. Being able to do a quick search through the files using a plugin to point out the ones that need fixing would be a great time-saver. I know that there is a "maximum" line height available in the conversion settings, but that is dicy. Would rather see it before making that change.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 07:59 PM   #1107
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It is already there (sorta).
I use it to search for books that have letter-spacing (trips up my Kobo KEPUB's)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QC-PI-search CSS.png
Views:	464
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	192386  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 09:19 PM   #1108
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I have to admit I never saw this. I have only used the editor for the metadata since I got used to it.

I will have to recheck it!

Now a question; what would I do for a search on line height: 1.40 and above?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 09:41 PM   #1109
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I have to admit I never saw this. I have only used the editor for the metadata since I got used to it.

I will have to recheck it!

Now a question; what would I do for a search on line height: 1.40 and above?
I am not sure if that search all allows ranges .
For now: I would suggest just specifying the exact line with value.
It allowed my REGEX (\s\s) so why not spec a range
1\.[5-9]
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 03:51 PM   #1110
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Question: Aside from manually excluding the books from the specific checks, is it possible to have 'check duplicate series' ignore indexes of [0]? I use those for unordered series.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote