Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-14-2020, 01:05 PM   #1021
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre 5.2 and Quality check PI, Check Metadata is behaving odd.
When I ran Check Author Sort or Check Title Sort it NOW is very bursty
(does a bunch, pauses, does more. overall, a lot slower)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 07:35 AM   #1022
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
I just had an idea for a new feature :
Check if the ePub contain a another ePub file.

It may be extremely specific, but I've come across far too many books with this that I'm looking for a reliable way to hunt them down.
Thanks
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2020, 07:37 AM   #1023
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by un_pogaz View Post

It may be extremely specific, but I've come across far too many books with this that I'm looking for a reliable way to hunt them down.
Thanks
What ePub has another ePub? I've never see this. can you point out some eBooks that have this?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:35 AM   #1024
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What ePub has another ePub? I've never see this. can you point out some eBooks that have this?
I can't give any specifics name. but I saw her. I don't know where it comes from, but, it's a real pain in the ass.
This kind of thing can make an ePub get really big.
original ePub < 500 kb
inner ePub > 4 MB

And in fact... I managed to modify my Quality Check to include the feature.

Code
config.py
Code:
       ('check_epub_inside_epub',  {'name': 'Check ePub inside ePub',             'cat':'epub',     'sub_menu': 'Check ePub Structure',     'group': 3, 'excludable': True,  'image': 'images/check_book.png',        'tooltip':'Check for ePub formats containing a ePub inside'}),
check_epub.py
Code:
EPUB_FILES = ['.epub']
ALL_ARTIFACTS = ITUNES_FILES + BOOKMARKS_FILES + OS_FILES + EPUB_FILES

def perform_check(self, menu_key):

elif menu_key == 'check_epub_inside_epub':
            self.check_epub_inside_epub()

def check_epub_inside_epub(self):

def evaluate_book(book_id, db):
            path_to_book = db.format_abspath(book_id, 'EPUB', index_is_id=True)
            if not path_to_book:
                self.log.error('ERROR: EPUB format is missing: ', get_title_authors_text(db, book_id))
                return False
            try:
                found = False
                displayed_path = False
                with ZipFile(path_to_book, 'r') as zf:
                    for resource_name in self._manifest_worthy_names(zf):
                        extension = resource_name[resource_name.rfind('.'):].lower()
                        if extension in EPUB_FILES:
                            if not displayed_path:
                                displayed_path = True
                                self.log('ePub found in: <b>%s</b>'%get_title_authors_text(db, book_id))
                            self.log('\t<span style="color:darkgray">%s</span>'%resource_name)
                            found = True
                return found

except InvalidEpub as e:
                self.log.error('Invalid epub:', e)
                return False
            except:
                self.log.error('ERROR parsing book: ', path_to_book)
                self.log(traceback.format_exc())
                return False

self.check_all_files(evaluate_book,
                             no_match_msg='No searched ePub books have a ePub inside',
                             marked_text='epub_inside_epub',
                             status_msg_type='ePub books with a ePub inside')
A good listener, Chalut

EDIT: I realize that FONT_FILES does not include '.woff' and '.woff2'. It's true that the formats are recent and not supported on all reader, but they have become very common and I wouldn't be surprised to see them appear in a ePub.

Last edited by un_pogaz; 10-21-2020 at 08:47 AM.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:40 PM   #1025
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Small request: Could it be possible to use ellides (...) for lengthy titles in the progress dialog? I have a book with an extremely lengthy title and after QC processes it the dialog becomes wide enough to push the Cancel button off-screen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-10-29 16_39_01-Checking 4346 books for invalid title sort  (0 matches)....png
Views:	175
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	183068

ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2020, 04:20 PM   #1026
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
My guess is, he/she is just talking about an omnibus.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 05:13 PM   #1027
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section8 View Post
My guess is, he/she is just talking about an omnibus.
But that's not an ePub within an ePub. An ePub within an ePub would be a ePub eBook inside the first ePub and that I've never seen or heard of before this thread. If that's not what's meant, then please explain what's meant and how to detect whatever it is.
Old 10-29-2020, 05:34 PM   #1028
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Some sort of packaging error? I've never seen one myself.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:25 PM   #1029
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by un_pogaz View Post

Can you point to an example? I have never seen an epub within an epub like you seem to be describing. I don't know if it is allowed by the epub specs or is a packaging error as @ownedbycats. About the only thing I can think of is a zip file containing epubs that was added to calibre and it decided to treat it as an epub. Calibre does look at the contents of zip files when they are added to see if they should be treated as something else.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:07 PM   #1030
Freakeao
Connoisseur
Freakeao began at the beginning.

Device: none
I didn't see this in the list of features, but this plugin can do alot. So this is a question or feature request. Can QC check for epubs that would trigger the Nook cover bug?

https://nachtimwald.com/2011/08/21/n...ot-showing-up/

Nooks have an issue where the attributes have to be in a specific order.

I know I can fix this with calibre by doing a polish epub, or embed metadata. But I'd rather not update every file if I don't have to.

Thanks.
Freakeao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:57 AM   #1031
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakeao View Post
I didn't see this in the list of features, but this plugin can do alot. So this is a question or feature request. Can QC check for epubs that would trigger the Nook cover bug?

I know I can fix this with calibre by doing a polish epub, or embed metadata. But I'd rather not update every file if I don't have to.

Thanks.
Sorry, but you'll have to edit each file.
Old 11-29-2020, 02:08 PM   #1032
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Some sort of packaging error? I've never seen one myself.
I've seen exactly one. The epub creator manually created the .zip container since she "wanted complete control over the process". FlightCrew and EpubCheck went wild showing error messages after I sucked the file into Sigil.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 01:35 AM   #1033
Freakeao
Connoisseur
Freakeao began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakeao View Post

Thanks.
I found that I can "Search ePubs" with the expression
Code:
content="[^"]+"\s+name="cover"
and search in OPF only and I will find matches that I want.

Last edited by Freakeao; 11-30-2020 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Updated regular expression
Freakeao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 02:49 PM   #1034
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quality Check with Spanish translation

Hello people, I have taken the plight of translating the complement into Spanish and creating antecedents for other languages. I leave the file and some samples for future updates
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	150
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	183813   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	143
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	183814  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Quality Check translated to Spanish.zip (157.7 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by dunhill; 12-09-2020 at 04:33 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 02:32 PM   #1035
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Hello people, I have taken the plight of translating the complement into Spanish and creating antecedents for other languages. I leave the file and some samples for future updates
I can release this version but I am not interested in fixing problems or maintaining it. @dunhill: are you willing to maintain this plugin, at least to fix issues with translations? I don't mean incorrect translations. I do mean fixing problems that cause the plugin to no longer work.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote