Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-18-2022, 08:38 AM   #1
musasenpai
musasenpai began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Unhappy Broken Kindle

Hi i just tried to jailbreak my kindle but it seems stuck at screansavers which are cycling and doing nothing. Doesnt respond to just clicking the buton to turn on and hard restart doesnt change a thing. Its seems like its stuck at demo mode also so i cannot acces the the root files to try to remove the jailbreak. I havve paperwhite 2 and used wrong jailbreak. Anybody please help me :/ ?
sry for my english also this is my first post
musasenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 08:45 AM   #2
XTxiaoting14332
XTxiaoting14332 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Hi,you can enter ;demo on the search bar to open the demo menu.
Then you can reset you kindle on it
XTxiaoting14332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2022, 09:00 AM   #3
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
I believed that you using katadelos's jailbreak method (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346037)

When you tap screen, you will see the following message

This demonstration device is either missing
content or is disconnected from the network

CONFIGURE DEVICE

To skip the misconfiguration lock to the Home screen, you need to perform "secret gesture" (two-fingers tap on the bottom right of the screen, then single finger swipe from right to left) - may require multiple attempts, please see the following short video to understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzuIGbGPpig
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 11:19 AM   #4
musasenpai

i tried that but now the option to reset it is greyd out and doesnt work ( managed devic. device is locked. contact: your system administrator)
Old 06-18-2022, 11:20 AM   #5
musasenpai

yeaah it works now but the option to reset it is still greyd out and i just want to remove the jailbreak
but ;demo doesnt work after i tried to reset it from there
Advert
Old 06-18-2022, 11:24 AM   #6
musasenpai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkasit View Post
I believed that you using katadelos's jailbreak method (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346037)

When you tap screen, you will see the following message

This demonstration device is either missing
content or is disconnected from the network

CONFIGURE DEVICE

To skip the misconfiguration lock to the Home screen, you need to perform "secret gesture" (two-fingers tap on the bottom right of the screen, then single finger swipe from right to left) - may require multiple attempts, please see the following short video to understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzuIGbGPpig
i did that but my stupid a... try to remove it and now i have some options as wifi, blootooth, reset locked i just wanna revert the demage if possible
Old 06-18-2022, 10:35 PM   #7
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
musasenpai - if you don't want to continue to do jailbreak, then you need to factory reset to exit Demo mode.

1. You must perform the "secret gesture" to show you the Home screen (stills in Demo mode).
2. Enter ";uzb" (without quotes) in the search bar to enable USB storage mode. Then connect your Kindle to a PC.
3. On PC, create an empty file named "DO_FACTORY_RESTORE" (without quotes) at the root of the Kindle storage. Please make sure that the file has no file extension.
4. On PC, safely eject the Kindle.
5. On Kindle, the device will automatically perform the factory reset in a few seconds. After a few minutes, it will show you the Welcome screen.

After these steps, your Kindle will go back to normal mode. Every option will be available as it used to be, including WiFi.

Last edited by tekkasit; 06-20-2022 at 06:01 AM.
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbrake, stuck, stuck in usb storage mode