Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-26-2018, 12:31 PM   #1
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Kindle apps?

Is this the right forum for Kindle apps topics? (The Kindle app on my Android phone is driving me crazy.)

Thanks,
CC
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:37 PM   #2
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Well, I'd put it in the Fire section, but it helps to know what the problem is.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2018, 01:31 PM   #3
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Well, I'd put it in the Fire section, but it helps to know what the problem is.
I haven't used a Fire to read in a long time, so I just tried it on my HDX7. My current book opened to the page I'm currently at on my PW3.

The Kindle app on my Android phone always opens to page 1, or the last page I've read on the phone (never to the page I'm at on the Kindle). Occasionally it will tell me I'm on page n on the Kindle and ask if I want to go to that page, which works if I'm on a page, but if I have the menu open when it asks there doesn't seem to be any way to exit the menu screen without reverting to page 1. Then it never asks again. 9 times out of 10 it never asks me in the first place. The latest version of the app no longer has a sync button, though that never worked for this purpose anyway.

Of course I always make sure my WiFi is connected when I try.

I's ridiculously frustrating because I remember to start it as I'm walking out the door so I can read if I get stuck waiting somewhere, but since it almost never works I end up having to browse through hundreds of pages to find my place.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:50 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Is this the right forum for Kindle apps topics? (The Kindle app on my Android phone is driving me crazy.)

Thanks,
CC
Convention here seems to be to create thread for Kindle for Android in Android forum, Kindle for iOS in Apple forum etc.

I’d prefer to see all Kindle app discussions (macOS Windows iOS Android) into a subforum of Amazon Kindle, but it is not up to me.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote