Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-01-2016, 03:09 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Tablets, eReaders, Media Players - 2016

Black Friday 2016 -- Tablets, eReaders, Media Players

Well, it's Black Friday time once again. I generally start things up when the first BF ad drops. This year, the BF ad for Harbor Freight dropped on 12 Oct.

BF is no longer a 2-3 day shopping event. Thanks to a major shift to online shopping, BF now lasts several weeks with frequent deals that may or may not be better than the planned door busters.

The last several years saw online BF deals starting just after midnight on Thanksgiving morning, with some stores opening their doors later that day. This year will see a change in the trend of stores being open on Thanksgiving day as most of them will be closed.

Again, expect to see stores offer bonus deals and earlier shopping times for their preferred customers (memberships, reward cards, etc).

Feel free to post any BF stories and experiences you may have. Pics and videos are also welcome. I hate dull, boring threads loaded with stats.

Only book-related hardware will be tracked in this thread (tablets, ereaders, media players, computers, digital storage, accessories, etc). The OP will serve as a master index for these categories, linking to ad scans and posts with device and pricing specifics.

Where do I look/post for BF deals about:
Black Friday Websites
Master Index
Categories.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-20-2017 at 06:52 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:09 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tablets 2016 --> retail/lowest --> Black Friday

Note 1: prices from stores marked with an asterisk* were calculated after subtracting free gift cards.

Note 2: only the most popular size listed - check individual stores for prices of other sizes.

Amazon Fire --> specs | Wikipedia | Fire Forum | Fire Info

Apple iPad --> specs | Wikipedia | Apple Forum

B&N Galaxy Nook --> specs | Wikipedia | Nook Forum

Samsung Galaxy --> specs | Wikipedia | Android Forum

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-27-2016 at 01:52 PM.
Advert
Old 01-01-2016, 03:09 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

eReaders 2016 --> retail/lowest --> Black Friday

Note: prices from stores marked with an asterisk* were calculated after subtracting free gift cards.

Kindle eReaders --> specs | Wikipedia | Kindle Forum

Kobo eReaders --> specs | Wikipedia | Kobo Forum

Nook eReaders --> specs | Wikipedia | Nook Forum.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-22-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:09 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Media Players 2016 --> retail/lowest --> Black Friday

Note: prices from stores marked with an asterisk* were calculated after subtracting free gift cards.

MP3 Players

AGPtEK MP3 Players
Apple iPod nano
SanDisk Clip MP3 Players --> specs | Wikipedia | thread

Streaming Audio Players

Amazon Echo --> specs | Wikipedia | thread 1 | thread 2
Apple iPod touch
Google Streaming --> specs | Wikipedia | thread

Streaming Video Players

Amazon Fire TV --> specs | Wikipedia
Apple TV --> specs | Wikipedia
  • TV 4 Siri 64G ($199/$150) --> $150 (TAR)
  • TV 4 Siri 32G ($149/$112) --> $113 (TAR) | $130 (HHG)
  • TV 3 Standard ($69/$53) --> $53 (MEI-TAR)

Google Streaming --> specs | Wikipedia
Roku Players --> specs | Wikipedia
  • Roku 4 ($130/$130) -->
  • Roku 3 ($100/$50) --> $50 (BB)
  • Roku 2 ($70/$70) -->
  • Roku 1 ($50/$50) -->
  • Rok Stk ($50/$50) --> $35 (AMZ-BJ)
  • Roku SE ($25/$25) -->

Xiaomi Mi Box --> specs | Wikipedia.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-07-2016 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:10 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

No Contract Phones 2016 --> retail/lowest --> Black Friday

Ranked by Specifications

Unlocked Phones --> specs | thread

Ranked by Specifications

No Contract Phones --> specs | thread | Best Buy | Walmart
  • Galaxy S6 32GB -- ($399/$249) -- Straight --> $249 (WAL)

• Ascend XT 16GB -- ($149/$49) -- AT&T --> $49 (WAL)
  • Galaxy J7 16GB -- ($200/$90) -- Boost --> $90 (BB)

• LG Stylo 2 16GB -- ($130/$60) -- Boost --> $60 (BB)

• LG Phoenix 2 8GB ($100/$30) ----- AT&T --> $30 (BB)
  • LG Tribute HD 8GB ($80/$20) ----- Boost --> $20 (BB)
  • Galaxy Luna 8GB ($99/$20) ---- Straight --> $20 (WAL)

• Galaxy Sky 16GB -- ($139/$49) -- Straight --> $49 (WAL)

• LG K3 8GB -- ($80/$30) -- Virgin --> $30 (BB)

• Android 5.0 Lollipop --> don't expect an upgrade to 6.0 Marshmallow
  • Galaxy J3 16GB --- ($180/$60) --- Virgin --> $60 (BB)
  • Alcatel Flint 16GB -- ($80/$40) -- Cricket --> $40 (BB)

• Galaxy On5 8GB -- ($80/$30) --- Simple --> $30 (BB-KM)
  • Galaxy J3 8GB ---- ($99/$39) -- Verizon --> $39 (WAL) | $45 (BJ*)

• Alcatel Ideal 8GB -- ($50/$10) ------- AT&T --> $10 (BB)
  • LG Rebel 8GB ------- ($80/$20) -- TracFone --> $20 (BB-KM)

• Older Technology
  • iPhone 5S 16GB -- ($149/$99) -- Straight --> $99 (WAL)
  • Galaxy J1 8GB ----- ($80/$20) --- Verizon --> $20 (BB)

Important Links.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-18-2016 at 06:01 AM.
Advert
Old 01-03-2016, 12:46 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Fire TV Sale -- $99.99 -->$84.99 -- exp unknown

Lowest price was $75 over Black Friday.

Edit: Sale Ended -- 10 Jan

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-24-2016 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:44 AM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Barnes and Noble is running its trade-in promotion again. Trade-in any Nook and get a $50 credit toward a Nook Samsung tablet; the offer ends March 5.

I could be tempted, but not the way this offer is structured. If I could double up, they'd have me, or if the Nook HD+ were worth more of a discount than the original Nook.

Nook accessories are also 25% through February 20, in-store only.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:08 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Barnes and Noble is running its trade-in promotion again. Trade-in any Nook and get a $50 credit toward a Nook Samsung tablet; the offer ends March 5.

I could be tempted, but not the way this offer is structured. If I could double up, they'd have me, or if the Nook HD+ were worth more of a discount than the original Nook.

Nook accessories are also 25% through February 20, in-store only.
I guess they have to be working properly and running the Nook HD software? No chance they'd take one that's been flashed to run Android only, and whose light is extremely dim?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:25 AM   #9
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I guess they have to be working properly and running the Nook HD software? No chance they'd take one that's been flashed to run Android only, and whose light is extremely dim?
I suspect that's down to luck. The first time they had the promotion, I traded in a classic Nook which couldn't be charged and had a bulging battery (I charged the battery, such as it was, on another Nook), but all they did was turn it on. So long as yours booted, I think there's a good chance you'd get your credit. If you're close to a B&N, it's worth a try. For 90 bucks, I'd get the Tab 4, if I had any use for it at all. But the deal has to be sweeter for me for the other two.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:03 AM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I suspect that's down to luck. The first time they had the promotion, I traded in a classic Nook which couldn't be charged and had a bulging battery (I charged the battery, such as it was, on another Nook), but all they did was turn it on. So long as yours booted, I think there's a good chance you'd get your credit. If you're close to a B&N, it's worth a try. For 90 bucks, I'd get the Tab 4, if I had any use for it at all. But the deal has to be sweeter for me for the other two.
Thanks, I am going to try it later this month. I am charging it up now.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:31 AM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon has the following items on sale:
  • $35 -- Fire TV Stick w/ Std Remote -- exp 06 Feb
  • $40 -- Fire TV Stick w/ Voice Remote -- exp 06 Feb
  • $180 -- Fire HD 10 16GB -- exp 13 Feb
  • see the link for additional offers
Old 02-03-2016, 01:15 PM   #12
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Fire HD sale is a Joke. You have to Order 3 things from Amazon Not 3rd party venders to get the Fire HD for sale price!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:28 PM   #13
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Fire HD sale is a Joke. You have to Order 3 things from Amazon Not 3rd party venders to get the Fire HD for sale price!
So nice to know I was not the only person who felt this way. I thought it might of been a misprint but doubted it. Then I felt like Amazon was screwing me.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:30 PM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
No; it's $180 without ordering anything extra. I just tried it.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #15
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Limited time offer: Save $50 on Fire HD 10 $229.99 $179.99

No other purchase required.

Also, Fire HD 10 Essentials Bundle including Fire HD 10, 10.1" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - with Special Offers, Amazon Cover - Black and Screen Protector
is $70 off - $230
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019IZZ5G6?

Perhaps you viewed that one, instead?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote