Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 04-24-2010, 07:45 PM   #16
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
None of my Readers have ever faded that much.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:03 AM   #17
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
I've had thel same problem with a Cool-ER. Best to replace it through Argos - when I asked Interead about it they said that it was a problem with all eInk screens. Like everyone said above, it looks like it can occur with any type of device, but it definitely doesn't happen on every device.
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #18
dazcox
Enthusiast
dazcox began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300
Went to Argos and swapped for the Sony PRS300, which on first test doesn't seem to fade as much, not perfect but better - but what a nicer device!

One thing though, a few books converted to epub by calibre now seem to crash the device? is there something I'm missing?
dazcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #19
andygates
andygates began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-er
I've noticed something now that summer (ha!) is here. If I do a page turn in bright sun, the new page is fadey and rubbish. If I cover the screen while it refreshes, it's fine, and it stays fine.

Is this a defect or is it a 'feature' of these screens?
andygates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:06 AM   #20
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
We're not short of heavy sun on the French Riviera, and my 505 screen is one that's inclined to fade. Easy fix: A fliptop cover. Still holding the device and turning pages in one hand, I can also easily and comfortably shade the screen with the fliptop flap. Never the slightest problem now. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:35 AM   #21
dazcox
Enthusiast
dazcox began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300
Rather than balance a cover get a screen protector. The prs300 still faded a bit so I got a screen protector which turned out to be uv protected and solved the problem totally
dazcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:26 PM   #22
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
It happens... I usually change offending files to lrf and they work fine but changing to any other format then trying ePub usually works as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazcox View Post
One thing though, a few books converted to epub by calibre now seem to crash the device? is there something I'm missing?
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #23
Chazzum
Chazzum began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600SC & PRS-600BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazcox View Post
Rather than balance a cover get a screen protector. The prs300 still faded a bit so I got a screen protector which turned out to be uv protected and solved the problem totally
What brand of screen protector did you get? Sounds like a decent enough solution.
Chazzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #24
mrvanes
mrvanes began at the beginning.

Device: COOL-ER
The screen protector sounds like a nice solution indeed. Untill then I turn my COOL-ER upside down while turning pages. Once refreshed, the letters are crisp and sharp and do NOT fade while reading in the sun. It is indeed only a refreshing-while-in-the-sun problem and can easily be worked around.
mrvanes is offline   Reply With Quote