Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-08-2018, 03:49 PM   #1
WWolfe-001
WWolfe-001 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Convert to PDF

I am a newbie. I reverted to Kindle 1.17 and downloaded a book that I want to convert to PDF. I go to the preferences screen and select PDF as the output format, but it does not stick. When I run convert I get a MOBI output file.
WWolfe-001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You need to understand how Preferences: (conversion section) works.

These are DEFAULTS for new, first time, conversions.

If a book has been converted, it remembers the settings used.
When you START any conversion, it shows any LAST USED settings. You can use that form to override those (there is also a clear option on the form, that will re-read the defaults)
Input and Output formats are also remembered, just change output to PDF
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote