Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-12-2018, 08:39 AM   #1
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
NGL3 Reset

I can't wake up the NGL3. The charging light comes on (amber) and it fully charges (light goes green). But all I get to is the front-screen where it simply says NOOK by barnes and noble. If I hold the power-button down long enough, sometimes the display flashes and clears but the same display returns. When I plug it into a PC, the PC see the device as a USB-drive, but I cannot open it. When I press and hold the power-button, the USB-drive on the PC vanishes, and when press the power button back on, the USB-drive reappears, but I still cannot open.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #2
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Have you been able to get the unit to turn off completely?
Older models recommended holding the power button down for twenty seconds to force the unit to shut off. After a pause, a restart might get things back to normal.

Someone on another web site states: "Hold down Home during reboot gets you to the Factory reset screen (but waits for confirmation)."

That's all I've got! Hopefully smarter folks will read and reply.

As you are transatlantic, I guess you don't have a local Barnes & Noble to visit for assistance.

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote