Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #196
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Ohhh, new icon for the Look&Feel!
You beat me with that comment
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #197
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Kovid, It must be my system, after resetting and reinstalling a couple of older versions (main and betas) the star characters aren't showing in the tag browser. They are showing in the main listing.

I reinstalled a couple of days ago, must of missed something.

Tried enabling a couple of setting in regional settings in control panel.

Fonts are Installed and other progs display the characters (Atlantis can display them).

Must be something else.
Ill have a mess about tomorrow.

Any suggestions on what to enable or add?
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #198
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Unfortunately, I am no windows guru (it's almost two decades since I last used windows), but my standard prescription for these sorts of cryptic problems in an uninstall, reboot, re-install.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #199
N13L5
tenjooberrymuds
N13L5 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I am considering adding a secondary dictionary containing things like device, extension (format), cardname, and possibly others. If I do this, then you will be able to do tests on them. I am thinking the field names will be $X, so (for example) {$ext}/{series}... would do what I think you want. But this isn't here yet.

lol that would be really cool!

Not to be greedy, the new facilities we just got are great,
some small hickups I was experiencing before dissapeared as well... uber nice upgrade!!

I wish I was more seasoned at Python, I don't feel quite ready yet to install Bazaar and muck about sensibly...

But having worked doing UI specs and much photoshop pixel pushing for many years, and seeing the design of your website, I could possibly help making Calibre's interface mimic your very clean and appealing website design, if you like.

Last edited by N13L5; 10-01-2010 at 11:09 PM.
N13L5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:26 AM   #200
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Not sure if this is still the place to post.
My calibre worker processes don't seem to end when the job is done.
currently there are 9 going and although jobs:0 the little whirring thing in the lower right still whirrs around.

Has only happened to me in the beta and current release 7.21
Not a big deal just mentioning it

Edit
Did a conversion and whirring thing stopped

Last edited by speakingtohe; 10-02-2010 at 05:28 AM.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #201
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Ohhh, new icon for the Look&Feel!
I know this thread ist currently dying, but since it has been mentioned here: I noticed the new icon also appears in the conversion options for layout. I really like the icon in the settings dialog, but I think the old one fitted better for the layout options...
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #202
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
I know this thread ist currently dying, but since it has been mentioned here: I noticed the new icon also appears in the conversion options for layout. I really like the icon in the settings dialog, but I think the old one fitted better for the layout options...
Yeah, but I really can't be bothered having two separate look and feel icons
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #203
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yeah, but I really can't be bothered having two separate look and feel icons
Wow, that was a quick answer, even for you...
In that case, I vote the shiny new one.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #204
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Hmm, is there a way to say which fields show in the book details side-bar?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #205
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
Do I smell a tweak in the making?
Old 10-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #206
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Nope.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:28 AM   #207
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Nope.
Well, that's at least a short answer
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote