Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
veggiemuffin
veggiemuffin began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Where are the darn things? Baffled.

I just downloaded Calibre this morning and have tried sending a couple of magazines to my Pandigital Novel, just for practice. When I look in the Pandigital file (f) drive on my PC the magazines show they are in there. But I can't find them at all in the device itself.

I've looked in Adobe e-books, Reader and searched in the ES File Explorer. They aren't in the library, either (which I heard is only for Barnes & Noble books).

Where would I find these?
veggiemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
So, Calibre copies the files OK? Can you open them on your computer? If so, this is a problem with the device itself, you should then ask in the appropriate subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
veggiemuffin
veggiemuffin began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Yes, they do

Yes they open in Calibre. So I guess they really aren't on my ereader, even though I see them in the folder in my pc? I'll try calling customer service.
veggiemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
To start with, grab a book out of the library here, and see if you can transfer that. If that works okay, it's something specific to magazines; if not, it's a basic transfer problem.

You are using "send to device", right?
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:59 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemuffin View Post
I just downloaded Calibre this morning and have tried sending a couple of magazines to my Pandigital Novel, just for practice. When I look in the Pandigital file (f) drive on my PC the magazines show they are in there.
So you know for a fact the books are on your device. Are they in the root folder?

Quote:
But I can't find them at all in the device itself.
You have to be able to direct whatever application you're using to the folder where the books are.

Quote:
I've looked in Adobe e-books, Reader and searched in the ES File Explorer.
Since you saw them via your computer you know they are in a specific folder. If you plan on using Adobe to read the books you might want to figure out where Adobe likes the books to be and send the books to that folder.

Since the plugin for your device doesn't seem to allow specifying a folder you might want to try the Connect to Folder feature. In order to use this feature you need to go to the device interface plugin and disable it. Then use the Connect to Folder feature to connect to a specific folder (whichever folder your app likes) on your device. Calibre will now treat that folder like a device, complete with a on device column.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #6
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Quote:
I just downloaded Calibre this morning and have tried sending a couple of magazines to my Pandigital Novel, just for practice. When I look in the Pandigital file (f) drive on my PC the magazines show they are in there. But I can't find them at all in the device itself.

I've looked in Adobe e-books, Reader and searched in the ES File Explorer. They aren't in the library, either (which I heard is only for Barnes & Noble books).

Where would I find these?
Try moving the magazine files into the eBooks directory and/or the Adobe directory on your f drive. Also what is the extension of the files?
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote