Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #16
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Wow - enTourage is late by just one or two business days and we have a murderous mob. Yikes! How quickly we forget that in February they shipped a day *early*. Most companies would be getting a break because delays just simply happen sometimes. I do encourage my fellow customers to chill out a bit - it's not the end of the world! :-)

Last edited by borisb; 03-27-2010 at 09:03 AM.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #17
Jen Franklin
Jen Franklin began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge shipping on 3/26
Boris,
I think the problem is (at least for myself) that I have a facebook message with one date, an email message with two possible dates and now I suddenly have one item in my shopping cart with a ship date of 4/5. That doesn't make me a part of a murderous mob, but it does make me question their customer support. I worry that if there is a problem with my unit, will they be able to help remedy it? $500 is a lot of money for me, and I put a lot of research into this purchase. The thing that I liked most about this company was it's responsiveness to questions. With their "Community" page, Facebook page and responsiveness to emailed questions I felt comfortable that they would be able to handle problems that popped up. Now I wonder about that.

I'm glad that you got your unit early, and it certainly isn't the end of the world if I don't. But with $500 on the line, I would be a fool not to worry.
Jen Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #18
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Hi Jen,

I spent a lot of time crafting this response. I even wondered if I should bother. I doubted I could say anything in the face of people who desperately wanted satisfaction and weren't getting it. I ended up erasing most if it and reducing it to the following.

In my opinion there's no need to worry.

This isn't vapourware. Units have shipped in past weeks. The product has been verified and approved of by real customers, not just a handful of reviewers looking at a couple of prototypes. And these customers have been very happy with their eDGe, even with some shortcomings. enTourage does respond to customer inquiries, complaints and suggestions. Their eBook store works. They have a good Support site.

Realize that the risk was taken by us in the February batch who only had promises, not by customers in the March batch who have the benefit of first hand reviews and comments by the February customers. The March batch has the same eDGe model as the February batch, so why worry that you might not get what you've diligently researched?

When you get your eDGe this week, you'll understand :-)

- Boris
Old 03-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #19
borisb
Addict

FYI: Gizmodo is reporting that "First Run of iPads Sold Out, Ship Date For New Orders Pushed To April 12" http://gizmodo.com/5503473/first-run...ed-to-april-12. Has a familiar ring to it, doesn't it? :-)
Old 03-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #20
mgk
mgk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, enTourage eDGe
Hi All,

I'm also disappointed by the extra wait, but actually think it will work out better. By getting it later in the week, I'll have less time until the weekend when I can REALLY start using it and getting to know it better! (Fortunately it needs to be charged first or I'd probably stay up until the wee hours playing with it right away!)

mgk
mgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #21
pricecw
Zealot
pricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheese

Device: enTourage eDGe
I am disappointed, but do not blame entourage. I work in the tech field, and when we get new boards in, the procurement people always give us the day it is expected, but warn about customs. Anytime something comes through, it can be hung up. You can have 10 shipments fly through customs, and then one gets caught and held up for no real reason.

Personally, I have been eager get my hands on this, but will not blame entourage for this one.

--Carl
pricecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:03 PM   #22
mgm1979
Zealot
mgm1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage eDGe
yeah, you can't fault entourage here at all...customs can arbitrarily hold something up whenever they want, doesn't matter what company is behind it - inherent risk with overseas production, that's all there is to it.
mgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #23
borisb
Addict

I've checked with enTourage and the shipment has cleared Customs and shipments to customers will indeed commence Monday. Because of the volume of orders, some will ship Tuesday. This means emails with your tracking number will reach your inbox sometime Monday or Tuesday (since it's shipping from California, it can be late into the evening, Eastern time).

So, eDGe bliss is just a few days away, everyone!
Old 03-30-2010, 01:16 PM   #24
pricecw
Zealot
pricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheese

Has anyone seen theirs ship? I keep seeing awaiting shipping, just wondering if anyone has actually seen a ship notification.

--Carl
Old 03-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #25
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pricecw View Post
Has anyone seen theirs ship? I keep seeing awaiting shipping, just wondering if anyone has actually seen a ship notification.

--Carl
I ordered on Feb/28 and I got shipment notification by email this morning around 8:30am (CA time). Since the shipment center is located in CA, hopefully, I will get it in one or two days.

Last edited by soilwork; 03-30-2010 at 01:31 PM.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:42 PM   #26
borisb
Addict

I know of several people who have received their tracking numbers this morning. Their Fedex tracking page shows the units actually went out late last night.

If you haven't received your tracking number this morning, you'll get it later today (or first thing tomorrow morning) as the rest are supposed to ship out of the California warehouse today.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #27
pricecw
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by soilwork View Post
I ordered on Feb/28 and I got shipment notification by email this morning around 8:30am (CA time). Since the shipment center is located in CA, hopefully, I will get it in one or two days.
OK, the delay I could handle when it was customs, but this sucks, I ordered on Jan/20, and have not got a shipping notice, and the order is still awaiting shipment on entourage's webpage.

Things out of their control is fine, but not doing an ordered shipment is not in my mind. FIFO queue for pre-orders in normal. Guess I am just ranting. Anyway, back to waiting.

--Carl
Old 03-30-2010, 03:42 PM   #28
borisb
Addict

If the order says "Awaiting Shipment" then it means your order is going to ship today.

Tom Conklin of enTourage posted some detailed information here: http://groups.google.com/group/entou...35ce4bac?hl=en.

As in the February shipment, emails with the tracking number tend to go out early the morning after the day the units shipped, so you might not get your status update & email until early tomorrow morning since it's shipping today.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:54 PM   #29
pricecw
Zealot

Boris, that's what I expect too. I just found the google group, and it is nice that Tom is posting. Actually that is good.

What is frustrating, being one of the earliest orders for this shipment, but being the last out of the warehouse (my CC cleared last week).

Still a fan, just frustrated and venting on this point.

--Carl
Old 03-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #30
borisb
Addict

Ah, yes, I know that feeling :-)

I remember getting quite upset at Fedex because they took a day longer to get my eDGe to me where I live than I considered necessary. Despite the excruciating pain, I survived and got the eDGe the next day (and to be fair to Fedex, their service terms did allow up to 3 days on my shipment), and my pain was immediately forgotten :-)