Notices

Old 01-10-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
justlizz
Connoisseur
justlizz began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
computer thicko

I am a computer thicko so please be gentle but I have a few questions
1. what do you do with books once you have put them on reader do you delete from computer or keep them in library
2. can you load the books onto a SD card from puter or do you need to connect via reader if so how as I have tried and it will not work
3. I have put a couple of collections on reader but they still come up on the normal list and so they are doubled up how do I remove from general list without removing from collection
I think that will do for now but there are a lot more silly questions on my list which I will ask later as too much gets me confused
lizz
justlizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
We all had to start somewhere, justlizz. Here's a partial answer to some of your queries. Hopefully other people will add more information.

1. Do keep the books both on your computer and in your ebook library. Suppose that you lost your reader: you would still have the books in your library and could download them onto the replacement.

Incidentally, the Ebook library software just catalogues the books, which are kept elsewhere in the computer.

2. Yes, you can use an sd card to load books into the reader.

Or you can load them using the Ebook library software.
Open Ebook library. Go to "File" and then choose "import file" and navigate to the file of the book that you want to import.
If you want to import a folder of ebooks then go to "File" and choose "import folder" and then do the same.
Once you have imported the books, remember to leave the original files or folders alone. If you move them, then the ebook library software can't find them. It just links to the book files: it doesn't actually import a copy. So if you move them then you will need to delete the entry on the library software and reimport.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
justlizz
Connoisseur
justlizz began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Thank you Patricia now I have a few more questions if I back up my books to SD cards can I then get rid from computer? because if I dont it is not going to take me long to overload my laptop and I still cant plug SD card into my computer and get it to load I have to plug it into reader for it to work
thank you
lizz
justlizz is offline   Reply With Quote