Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-29-2010, 04:19 AM   #1
debianmr
debianmr began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin Wlkbook v8
Hanlin V8 - How can I convert the device to v2?

I have the jinke hanlin v8 (An oem produced in Turkey - Walkbook reader)

It does not read pdf files directly but the v2 produced after this one reads the pdf files.

I learnt that the hardware is exactly the same but the only difference is v8 uses the wolf operating system but the v2 uses linux wolf operating system.

How can I convert to linux OS - I contacted the Hanlin and asked for the firmware of v2 but they insist on not giving it. Is there any place I can find the OS / Firmware of V2 Hanlin?
debianmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
From what I've seen with OpenInkpot, hardware restrictions prevent much to be done with the V8. Despite looking like the V2, there is more different than just the software.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
debianmr
debianmr began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin Wlkbook v8
Thank you.
debianmr is offline   Reply With Quote