Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #31
bobavey
Bob Avey
bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sounds like you're wanting to write a memoir. I would suggest seeking out books on the subject and getting in touch with like minded writers.
bobavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:26 PM   #32
altworld
Evangelist
altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android G1
A great piece of advice I got when I started to write is to write, get the words on the page and the story will start to appear.
altworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #33
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
How did the year go?

Well I found that I have absolutely no talent for writing, but I'm still thinking about it, and writing notes, if I suddenly remember something significant...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #34
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Despite this I'm going to try... I would really like the future generations to know about their heritage...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
How did the year go?

Well I found that I have absolutely no talent for writing, but I'm still thinking about it, and writing notes, if I suddenly remember something significant...
50 years from now, no one is going to contrasting you with JK Rowling, they'll just be grateful to know and understand where they came from.

And if you're uncomfortable with the writing, tell the stories orally to someone, record them, and transcribe them. Don't even edit it to make it look right or get rid of the run-ons if you don't want. There's some charm in hearing a story in someone's own words, even if you break some rules to get there.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #35
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
50 years from now, no one is going to contrasting you with JK Rowling, they'll just be grateful to know and understand where they came from.

And if you're uncomfortable with the writing, tell the stories orally to someone, record them, and transcribe them. Don't even edit it to make it look right or get rid of the run-ons if you don't want. There's some charm in hearing a story in someone's own words, even if you break some rules to get there.
This is a great idea... Thanks.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #36
Anne Bradshaw
Enthusiast
Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
Definitely write your book! It will be a treasure for generations to come. And you will get immense satisfaction from doing the work. Guaranteed :-)

If you're in St. George, Utah at the end of February, I'm giving a presentation at the Family History Expo 2011 on how to write your family history, even if you're not a writer by profession. Maybe you can join us. It will be a lot of fun.

There is a writer named Mary Greathouse, who has a website at www.familyrecordkeeper.com that you might also find helpful. And another writer named Linda Weaver Clarke at http://www.lindaweaverclarke.com has some great advice and a video with tips for making your family history come alive.

Anne Bradshaw | True Miracles | Dingo
Anne Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote