Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
The Winner of the Warm Up Screen Design Contest

Announcement:

Congratulations to Bawantha D. from Sri Lanka ! Bawantha’s festive design received the highest number of votes in the Astak 2009 EZ Reader Holiday Design Contest. All voting was done online! An official email will be sent to Bawantha D soon. Both the warm up and shut down illustrations will be used in our next batch of EZ Readers from December 1 all the way to the end of this year. Thank you, all, for your participation! Bawantha has won a Pocket PRO in the color of choice!

Astak is VERY pleased that we did get designs all the way from Sri Lanka !! We appear to have caught the imagination of fervent Astak followers everywhere. The design that won is festive and inspiring for the holidays!!

There will be more contests coming!! Do not worry!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Announcement:

Congratulations to Bawantha D. from Sri Lanka ! Bawantha’s festive design received the highest number of votes in the Astak 2009 EZ Reader Holiday Design Contest. All voting was done online! An official email will be sent to Bawantha D soon. Both the warm up and shut down illustrations will be used in our next batch of EZ Readers from December 1 all the way to the end of this year. Thank you, all, for your participation! Bawantha has won a Pocket PRO in the color of choice!

Astak is VERY pleased that we did get designs all the way from Sri Lanka !! We appear to have caught the imagination of fervent Astak followers everywhere. The design that won is festive and inspiring for the holidays!!

There will be more contests coming!! Do not worry!!

Congrats to the contest winner. Will us previous owners get to see the design?

BTW Robert, please, please, please, when you do another contest keep it OFF facebook. I couldn't enter because I will not enter any of those social networks. I know it's my personal preference, but for those of us who refuse to expose ourselves to the social networks, that left us out in the cold for the contest.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
cutegigi
cutegigi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post

BTW Robert, please, please, please, when you do another contest keep it OFF facebook. I couldn't enter because I will not enter any of those social networks. I know it's my personal preference, but for those of us who refuse to expose ourselves to the social networks, that left us out in the cold for the contest.

AJ
i support this.
maybe the marketing campaign at facebook or any other social networking, but the submission and voting itself done at ezreader website or something.
cutegigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #4
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I too would like to see the winning design!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

AJ
DITTO
I have no artistic talent (OK, No talent at all),
but I would have liked to vote.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #6
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please not on Facebook again!

Quote:

AJ
Dear AJ:

I will recommend this to Marketing.

They are doing the contest to build up the Astak Friends. That is important to them. It looks awful if our facebook page has only 82 friends or whatever it is.

Yet, I also hear you and will try.

This is so hard because I know what they are trying to do (build up friends) and I know what you mean by not wanting to do social networks.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:36 PM   #7
Robertb

Good request

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I too would like to see the winning design!

I will try to post the winning design within 24 hours!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I will try to post the winning design within 24 hours!
Could you have them drop a copy on the Astak or ezreader web server and post a direct link here.
No need to update the server pages that way.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
Robertb

The winning designs

Dear All:

Here are the two winning designs, chosen by independent voting. The warm-up screen is of the snowman and is being changed to "Ho, Ho, Ho!!" and the baloon will say Astak!

The screen with the little mouse will be the closing screen.

Yes, let me see if I can post these on our website as a download.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Christmas Warm-Up X_Mas_2.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	39456   Click image for larger version

Name:	Christmas Closing X_Mas_1.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	39457  
Old 11-17-2009, 07:55 PM   #10
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Dear All:

Here are the two winning designs, chosen by independent voting. The warm-up screen is of the snowman and is being changed to "Ho, Ho, Ho!!" and the baloon will say Astak!

The screen with the little mouse will be the closing screen.

Yes, let me see if I can post these on our website as a download.
Why would a snowman say "Ho, Ho, Ho!! If I were Santa I would sue for plagiarism. Plus I would consider changing the closing screen to say "Happy Holidays" there is no sense in alienating those who do not celebrate Christmas. Though some might say that "Holiday" is derived from "Holy Day" and that might cause some problems. I would go with "Happy Festivus."
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:20 PM   #11
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Pleas don't abreviate Christmas... Leave Christ in, it's his birthday afterall.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote