Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
eReader file testing needed

I've updated the code for producing eReader PDB files to take into account the newest information on the file structure that is available on the MobileRead Wiki. However, I no longer have accesses to a Windows computer so I can't test the changes. Can someone with the eReader software test the attached file and make sure it opens and has images? Also, if anyone has a blackberry with the reader on it could you try it on that as well?
Attached Files
File Type: pdb n.pdb (610.6 KB, 242 views)
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:41 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
B&N eReader

The file opens and displays images on the Barnes & Noble eReader application. I could not get the TOC to jump to the subjects listed in the TOC though.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #3
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you try this file? It should have a correctly generating link index.
Attached Files
File Type: pdb n2.pdb (613.4 KB, 242 views)
Old 10-11-2009, 09:02 AM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Can you try this file? It should have a correctly generating link index.

I am sorry, but that file, n2.pdb, causes the B&N eReader program to freeze solid when I try to open it. My CPU usage goes to 25% just for the B&N reader but it becomes totally unresponsive. The original, n.pdb opens almost instantly and displays fine, except for the TOC links.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #5
user_none

Third times a charm... I hope.
Attached Files
File Type: pdb n3.pdb (613.2 KB, 248 views)
Advert
Old 10-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #6
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Third times a charm... I hope.

I am sorry, but it still did not work for me in the B&N reader application. I deleted the original instance from the library, and then dropped in n3.pdb. The cover for n3.pdb showed in the library view, but when I selected read, the CPU usage for the B&N reader went to 25% again and the reader became unresponsive. I waited for a few minutes, but the situation did not resolve in that time, so I had to kill the reader process.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #7
user_none

Okay last one for a bit. I just want to make sure the indexing code is disabled. Links should not work but I just want to make sure the produced files open. Thanks for all of you're help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdb n4.pdb (610.7 KB, 247 views)
Old 10-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #8
user_none

Never mind testing the n4 file. I've gotten it working properly.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:28 AM   #9
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Never mind testing the n4 file. I've gotten it working properly.
I tested anyway, and you are right.

It opens correctly and the images still display.