Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
Two quick questions about the 505

Just a couple of quick questions.

1) I found the option to change the date & time but is there any way to have the time displayed while reading? This was a handy feature when I was reading on my iPod Touch because I tend to lose track of time while reading.

2) I am using Calibre to manage my library and I was wondering if it was possible for Calibre to modify tags to books while they are on the reader or do I need to delete the book and resync it after I make my changes in the library.

I hope that made sense. My problem is I have several books that had random tags which added a lot of different names in my Collections list and I just want to clean up that list without having to delete the books and add them again. I also forgot to add tags to some books and I want to get them into my Collections list.

nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Download the PRS Customizer in this forum and it allows you to put a clock in the bottom status bar. It doesn't tick along or anything, but does show the correct time whenever you turn the page. Worked fine for me.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
In regards to #2, you'll have to delete the books from the Reader and reload them with the new tags. At least that is the way I do it with version 6.7.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #4
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Actually, for # 2 I think you can change the tags while the books are on the device through Calibre.
While your reader is connected to the PC and Calibre is open click the device that the books are on in Calibre, either the main memory or a card. The edit metadata box is not available but if you click in the field on the book listing you should be able to change it.
I'm at work now and can't test but I've updated the book and author name this way many times. Sometimes these fields will start to display a weird character for the last letter of the book and author name and I've always been able to correct it this way.
Good Luck!
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:51 AM   #5
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Awesome, thanks for the tips

I am addicted to my 505, I spend all day at work reading it then stay up in bed all night reading. Funny thing is, before getting my 505 I used to only read books on rare occations.
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You are definitely one of us - a gadget freak. It's funner to read on the ebook reader just because it is from the future.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
nobylspoon
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
You are definitely one of us - a gadget freak. It's funner to read on the ebook reader just because it is from the future.
I am definatly a gadget freak. I don't leave the house without my 505, netbook and iPod Touch. Since I am an IT major I use that as an excuse to justify buying new gadgets all the time ;D