Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
eBL 3.0 - Clearing up after Bootcamp, Parallels or Fusion

I now have eBL 3.0 running nicely on two Macs - desktop and notebook.

The second installation warned me I had used six out of six of the maximum authorised reader / computers. Prior to today I had been using various Fusion virtual machines, and I had been a bit sloppy at clearing up after myself - virtual machines are *so* disposable!). I trawled through my various virtual machines, selecting "Manage Devices" from the "My Account" pane of eBL 3.0, deleting the surplus authorisations.

I was left with one, which must relate to a virtual machine I long since trashed. I renamed it "SONY support - pls delete me!!", raised a ticket following the "Can't access that computer anymore?" link in eBL and the subsequent several steps on the Sony website.

I got an immediate acknowledgement at 19:57 and a confirmation that the rogue authorisation was deleted at 22:50. Terrific service, and I now have three vacant slots. Very handy in a family of four

Kudos to Sony. Mac users have overnight been elevated to the status of real people! I know some forum members still have some issues, but by and large I think this a great step forward, and Sony have done a good job. Just wish I could decide between a 600 and a "900"! Whatever, someone in the family is getting a second-hand eReader for Christmas!

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote