Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #31
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
I need top and bottom caps, do you still have them?
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #32
conundrum
Enthusiast
conundrum began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
yep..
I have a spare casing too if someone has a use.

Does anyone have any broken screens spare? i found a use for them (see other thread)
They don't have to work at all.

BTW watch out guys, the battery screw is in a stupid place, if you are changing it MAKE SURE you support the screen properly on a flat surface or it will crack

-A
"Bother" said Pooh, as NASA cancelled the Mars return mission...
conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 03:22 AM   #33
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
conundrum, I've sent you PM
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:29 AM   #34
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Anyone have the screen for PRS-505? I could also buy not working ereader with good screen. Thanks!
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:24 AM   #35
mutabor
Enthusiast
mutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PRS-650, PRS-950
I'm looking for a spare housing for 505. I'd been replacing battery and damaged the wire that connects buttons on the housing to the main uint. It seems not possible to replace the wire alone, so I need a new housing.
mutabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2010, 06:54 PM   #36
talex
talex began at the beginning.

Hello, I have a Sony PRS-505 and I am looking for the top silver plate with small white claw inside on the power switch (OR only the small white claw, without the whole top silver plate).
The white claw is in the middle-left position on this photo, between the top and the bottom silver plates: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2172951...7603454047408/
Thanks!

Last edited by talex; 10-24-2010 at 06:58 PM.
talex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #37
kitek
kitek began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600
I am looking for aluminium housing of prs-505. Let me know if you got it.

DL
kitek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #38
kitek
kitek began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600
Do you have housing for prs-505?
kitek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:03 AM   #39
blunty
Enthusiast
blunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Fire, iPad, iPhone5, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutabor View Post
I'm looking for a spare housing for 505. I'd been replacing battery and damaged the wire that connects buttons on the housing to the main uint. It seems not possible to replace the wire alone, so I need a new housing.
I have the same problem. Replaced the battery but damaged the ribbon cable so have the insides but need a case.
blunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:31 AM   #40
conundrum
Enthusiast

Re. busted cables

as i still have my broken unit here, i am looking into making a replacement module which at least allows page turns using an FC-30 accelerometer in "click" mode.

regards, -A

PRS-600 for sale, PM me...
Old 03-31-2011, 12:31 PM   #41
Phisik
Phisik began at the beginning.

Do you still have top and bottom plastic chrome pieces for PRS-505? Would like to buy it very much...
Phisik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:33 AM   #42
chinasky
chinasky began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
PRS505

Hello

I am interested in prs505 screen, even if you answer me to my mail santlp90@hotmail.com
Greetings
chinasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinasky View Post
Hello

I am interested in prs505 screen, even if you answer me to my mail santlp90@hotmail.com
Greetings
The screens are sold. And given that this thread is about a year old, chances are, the pars may be gone too.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #44
Tomoe
Tomoe is on a distinguished road

Hi guys, I've given up on trying to find a new screen for my 505, so I'll be giving up the remains for your benefit.

I have:
- PRS-505, silver, fully functional other than the broken screen
Message me with your offers for parts you need.

I also have:
- original poo-color cover
- original Sony cover with light, black
Tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:51 AM   #45
conundrum
Enthusiast

Exclamation Re. broken PRS505

Might not be completely useless, as it seems that some of the Kindles use the same screen.

Have you seen that article about hacking a Sony screen to fit a Kindle? Obviously this would work in reverse.

Normally the screen survives even if the unit is drowned, the panel is pretty well sealed and normally the board shuts down so there is little to no electrolytic corrosion.

I have tried to reverse engineer a replacement backplane but due to the way the screen is constructed the adhesion is "one way" and not repairable.
The segments of e-ink can however be used to make flashing bits if you glue the severed edges with say, silver paint having first sealed the edges with epoxy.

-A