Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #16
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
which goes to show that silly and serious discussions can harmoniously co-exist in the lounge, which is after all why it is there.
For those who participate in both.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #17
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
We seriously need a forum section for posts that do not exactly fit anyplace else and the lounge is not it. The lounge has been taken over by too much sillyness to make people try to wade through it to find posts that are not silly. We need to seperate the silly from the not silly. Some people may not want to wade through the silly and the not silly posts will just get lost. So can we have a forum section that's not the lounge for posts that are not meant to be silly? Either that or we create a new forum section just for the silly and move all the posts there and then those that do not want them can easily ignore it.
Great idea and one that gets my vote. I never read anything in the Lounge for exactly the reasons given. I already have too much to read during and too little time to do so.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #18
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
actually this has already been discussed among the moderators quite a while ago, and it's been agreed that it's not necessary, and would not go towards simplifying the use of the forum for all members, which is the overreaching goal. there are many ways to filter content, and it's easy enough to skip over the silly threads in the lounge if you aren't interested in them ; the "silliness" prefix makes that even easier. among other things, the lounge often serves as a less intimidating entry point to the forum for new or inexperienced members while they are learning about the technical questions, and we want new members to feel welcome and comfortable here.

there are plenty of different forums here for all ebook related topics ; anything not concerned with ebooks that you would like to discuss can find a home in the lounge, including serious discussion about not specifically ebook-related topics. everyone is welcome to start a discussion there on any topic.

serious discussions about books can be had in the reading recommendations forum, about writing in the writers' forum, about formats, devices, conversion etc. in their respective forums.

there is plenty of room in all the forums here for discussions about any topic you are interested in. conversely, there are plenty of ways to avoid topics which don't interest you. please feel free to join in or not join in any discussion, and to start your own threads about any topics you'd like to discuss, including in the lounge.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #19
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
What do people think of the idea of changing the description of the lounge to something like:

General discussions and friendly banter unrelated to e-books and mobile devices

???

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #20
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I was wondering when it would be changed to "The Llounge".
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #21
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Its called "The Lounge" because its a good place to go and be silly or just relax with friends without having to deal with serious book or ebook device related issues.

As far as there being "too much" silliness...I disagree.

People need the ability to express, in anyway they can, their discontent, frustrations, or pain of day to day living.

There is plenty of serious discussions going on anyone can join in on.

And please, don't rename to some generic "non-ebook related discussions." Sounds like every other e-book site out there.

This is MobileRead. You don't have to ever click on the Lounge if you don't want to. Just pass us by........live and let live.

But we love it......at least I do!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #22
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
And please, don't rename to some generic "non-ebook related discussions." Sounds like every other e-book site out there.
Um... DG that is already how it IS described:

Friendly banter unrelated to e-books and mobile devices

I just suggested changing it to:

Help people know that it is not just for "banter".

banter
noun
the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks

BOb
Old 03-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #23
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Um... DG that is already how it IS described:

Friendly banter unrelated to e-books and mobile devices

I just suggested changing it to:

Help people know that it is not just for "banter".

banter
noun
the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks

BOb
Well, the description is correct, but the name of the forum is "The Lounge"

THATS what I was asking not be re-named.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:42 PM   #24
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Well, the description is correct, but the name of the forum is "The Lounge"

THATS what I was asking not be re-named.
Ah. Well, I didn't suggest that. And I'm pretty sure Nate was kidding, although I don't "get" his joke. I usually don't.

BOb
Old 03-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #25
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Ah. Well, I didn't suggest that. And I'm pretty sure Nate was kidding, although I don't "get" his joke. I usually don't.

BOb
Thats okay I"m not getting much of anything tonight.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #26
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Maybe we should both get to bed.

BOb
Old 03-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #27
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:

BOb
It wasn't my idea originally. I'm not even sure where it came from. You should do a search on the word to find out more.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #28
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:

BOb
Yeah, its been a long bad day.

Night all.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:57 PM   #29
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
It wasn't my idea originally. I'm not even sure where it came from. You should do a search on the word to find out more.
How is a youtube link going to help me search for this?

BOb
Old 03-21-2009, 10:24 AM   #30
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Quote:
BOb

The mind boggles .... I can see you both blushing from here ....

The Lounge; In a household, is this not the location where the family meets, talks, jokes and play the odd little game? Sometimes with snacks and a glass or two of wine/beer/spirit - No television, but conversation about TV and programs are fine.

Away from the books and related matters - they are in the library (The main part of MobileRead).
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote