Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-14-2009, 07:11 AM   #1
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Favorite Receipes

Various people have been talking about various receipies on various threads, so I decide to start one for receipes....

To provide a house-warming start, here's a chili receipe...

1 1/2 pounds ground beef.
4 table spoons of chili powder
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
3 can refills of water

Grey the meat, add in the other ingedients, simmer for at least 3 hrs. Better the next day (typical of chili).

This is a mild receipe, suitable for ulcers and Yankees...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I can recommend this recipe for roasted butternut soup (I never bother making the pesto).
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Pineapple Cheese Casserole

Ingredients:

2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups Ritz crackers crumbs
Stick of butter

Directions:

Place pineapple in greased casserole dish. Mix cheese, flour, and sugar;then pour over pineapple. Melt margarine with cracker crumbs and place over mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:01 AM   #4
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Roasted elephant

Step one: Shoot, field dress, and roast an elephant
Step two: Call me for further details.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #5
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Step one: Shoot, field dress, and roast an elephant
Step two: Call me for further details.
Do you have the recipe with cheese, or the one with spinach and water chestnuts? I lost my copy of "Roasted Cheesy Elephant" and need a new copy.
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xianfox View Post
Do you have the recipe with cheese, or the one with spinach and water chestnuts? I lost my copy of "Roasted Cheesy Elephant" and need a new copy.
Sorry, all I've got is the spinach and water chestnuts one. Although, I suppose you could always substitute the "500 pounds of long grain rice" for "300 pounds of Mozzarella cheese."
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote