Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-30-2024, 03:26 AM   #1
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Mac - Where are email to addresses stored?

I have a new Mac and have copied over my library etc for a Time Machine backup. The migration assistant did not work (seems to be an issue not just for me doing an internet search) so I had to do a copy from the backup. Calibre is working fine but I have not got the send to email addresses or the plugins that I had installed now. Can someone please tell me where these are stored on the Mac so I can re-install them? TIA.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 03:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Miscellaneous->Open configuration folder shows you what older all calibre configuration and plugins are stored in
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2024, 03:38 AM   #3
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kovid, thanks for the prompt reply but where is the preferences folder on a Mac please? Full path is it in the Library folder or where?
Old 03-30-2024, 04:21 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrider View Post
Kovid, thanks for the prompt reply but where is the preferences folder on a Mac please? Full path is it in the Library folder or where?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-30 191815.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	207240

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 04:23 AM   #5
Valkrider
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Sorry that doesn't help that is where it is within the app what I need is where it is stored in the file system.
Advert
Old 03-30-2024, 04:26 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Click the button and it will open the calibre configuration folder in Finder.

All global settings are in that folder.

BR
Old 03-30-2024, 04:28 AM   #7
Valkrider
Addict

Quote:
Click button and it will open the calibre configuration folder in Finder.

All global settings are in that folder.

BR
You aren't reading what I wrote start from my OP where in the Mac file system are these stored?
Old 03-30-2024, 04:31 AM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
You aren't reading what I wrote start from my OP where in the Mac file system are these stored?
Have you clicked the button?

BR
Old 03-30-2024, 04:33 AM   #9
Valkrider
Addict

Quote:
Have you clicked the button?

BR
You clearly don't understand my issue so please do not reply any further
Old 03-30-2024, 04:38 AM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

And you are seemingly incapable of following simple instructions.

Bye

BR
Old 03-30-2024, 05:23 AM   #11
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Sorry that doesn't help that is where it is within the app what I need is where it is stored in the file system.
Pushing that button opens the folder in the file system. It will open the Explorer in Windows, no idea of the name in Mac.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 05:29 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Push the button, that will open the folder, once its open you can see where it is located.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 06:12 AM   #13
Valkrider
Addict

I have eventually tracked it down so for anyone else who finds this thread on a Mac it is in

users/username/Library/Preferences/calibre
Old 03-30-2024, 10:06 AM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I have eventually tracked it down so for anyone else who finds this thread on a Mac it is in

And if you had clicked the button, that folder would have opened.
I assume that MAC's display the folder path just like WINDOWS and LINUX
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 08:39 PM   #15
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:

I didn't need this. Clicking the button, as suggested above, showed me the folder in the Finder. Setting Finder to Column View then showed me the full path.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote