Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-08-2023, 09:31 PM   #1
agugu
Enthusiast
agugu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
about kindle's sleep mode

I know we can lock kindle device by pressing powerbutton and a few minutes later the devie will enter sleep mode.
How do I config koreader to enter sleep mode???
I observed sleep mode on koreader a few times(when i unlocked the device,on bottom of the screen I could see "waking up").But now the device can only be locked not sleeping( quickly unlock,no"waking up")

BTW: I launch koreader via "no framework"
agugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 01:58 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You can't enter deep sleep (a.k.a., hibernation) on command, IIRC.

I don't recall if the "Go to sleep/Suspend" entry is even visible in the Exit menu on Kindle, but even if it were, it would only trigger good old suspend, not deep sleep.

On the other hand, we can *delay* stuff properly so that the autosuspend plugin behaves as expected, which is good.

The other good news is: don't bother and don't worry about any that. Once in suspend, the device will enter deep sleep on its own after the required amount of time has been spent in suspend; no matter how suspend was actually entered.

TL;DR: What you're seeing is perfectly normal, and the keyword in your example is "quickly unlock" . That doesn't leave enough time for the device to enter deep sleep, hence the lack of waking up banner.

FWIW, we log the exact hibernation timer on startup (if you have debug logging enabled), but AFAIK nothing ever actually changes it, and it's set at 1H (*after* suspend).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-09-2023 at 02:01 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert