Old 08-13-2023, 06:06 AM   #1
sony_fox
Zealot
sony_fox has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Auroa H2O
Date sort order bug?

Hi all, long time no visit!

I'm now on a Kobo Auroa H2O.

Recently (for the last several months) sideloaded books have been appearing at the back of the recent pages rather than at page 1.

Any ideas? I have searched here but not seen anything? - if this is a known issue, please point me to it!

I only sideload through Calibre and have wifi off. Any other information that would be useful?
sony_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 10:34 AM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sony_fox View Post
Hi all, long time no visit!

I'm now on a Kobo Auroa H2O.

Recently (for the last several months) sideloaded books have been appearing at the back of the recent pages rather than at page 1.

Any ideas? I have searched here but not seen anything? - if this is a known issue, please point me to it!

I only sideload through Calibre and have wifi off. Any other information that would be useful?
Did you check/set the date on the Kobo.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2023, 12:17 PM   #3
sony_fox
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Did you check/set the date on the Kobo.
It might be that simple! I didn't even know it was a thing. But having hunted and checked. I found it was set to sept 2012.... so maybe that was it.

I would have assumed it would read the dates Calibre applied but maybe it didn't.
Old 08-13-2023, 12:56 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
If you happen to have the Kobo Utilities plugin installed, you can use it's update metadata function to set the book date to calibre's book added date. See the attached image.

It comes in handy when I decide to do a reset on a Kobo ereader.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KU_Date.png
Views:	68
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	203155  

Last edited by DNSB; 08-13-2023 at 04:08 PM. Reason: set not see!
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 03:24 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sony_fox View Post
It might be that simple! I didn't even know it was a thing. But having hunted and checked. I found it was set to sept 2012.... so maybe that was it.

I would have assumed it would read the dates Calibre applied but maybe it didn't.
The file creation on anything uses the thing's local time & date, not the time and date of the program sending the file.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2023, 11:39 AM   #6
sony_fox
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If you happen to have the Kobo Utilities plugin installed, you can use it's update metadata function to set the book date to calibre's book added date. See the attached image.

It comes in handy when I decide to do a reset on a Kobo ereader.
Thanks I've added that. Didn't seem to do much to the historical ones, but the new books are now adding in the correct place.

I'll keep an eye on the reader date setting after reboots.

Tags
bug, date, kobo, order