Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-08-2023, 04:33 AM   #61
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommalka View Post
Could you send me the config of your kobopatch.yaml for this?
I have sent you a PM.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 02:09 AM   #62
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
It would also be nice if you could integrate custom.yaml files.
I have an extra yaml file for JSWolfˋs hyphenation dicts and another beta patch.

Something else. I don't think I have it quite understood yet.
With the last firmware update, the backup patches worked in principle, but no individual options were selected under the select patches tab.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2023, 05:05 PM   #63
Vakke
Enthusiast
Vakke doesn't litterVakke doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Excellent work, looks really good!

If you could add a Mac version I'd be over the moon!
Vakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 02:53 PM   #64
LeonCB
LeonCB began at the beginning.

When clicking on Download the required files an error is appearing:

Error: Could not create all download links

I'm trying to download version 4.38.21908 of the firmware for a Kobo Libra 2

The firmware can be downloaded at: https://cdn.kobo.com/downloads/firmw...4.38.21908.zip
LeonCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 05:38 AM   #65
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Windows 10 (x64), Kobopatch Fan v. 1.2.1.
I have a Kobo Clara 2E and am trying to update the patches to Fw. 4.38.21908, but I receive this message:
Code:
Execution of kobopatch.bat started ...
kobopatch 653070c
https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch

Loading configuration from kobopatch.yaml
Reading input firmware zip
Error: could not apply patches: could not open firmware zip: zip: not a valid zip file

Execution failed (Exit Code: 1).
This message returns even after having replaced the firmware .zip in the KoboPatchFan folder by the .zip file found on the Kobo firmware download page https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html. I have no idea what could be wrong. Can someone help, please?
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2023, 01:43 PM   #66
Tommalka
Enthusiast
Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Windows 10 (x64), Kobopatch Fan v. 1.2.1.
I have a Kobo Clara 2E and am trying to update the patches to Fw. 4.38.21908, but I receive this message:
It looks like the firmware 3.8 for Clara 2E and Elipsa 2E is not available on the otherwise used CDN akamaihd.net. Since the download reference is taken from pgaskin/geek1011's kfw.db.js and there is a clear reference to akamaihd.net for the two firmwares, I think it's an oversight on geek1011's side. I will open an issue for this on Github later

In the meantime, you can download the firmware from the website and move it to KoboPatchFan/src. To the /src/ folder - very important, not to the root folder.
Tommalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 04:14 PM   #67
Tommalka
Enthusiast
Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonCB View Post
When clicking on Download the required files an error is appearing:

Error: Could not create all download links

I'm trying to download version 4.38.21908 of the firmware for a Kobo Libra 2

The firmware can be downloaded at: https://cdn.kobo.com/downloads/firmw...4.38.21908.zip
Sorry for the late reply. If I see it right, there was no patch for 4.38.21908 available at the time of your comment. The download only starts when both firmware and the patch for it are available. You can see in the field "Verify your configuration" whether a patch is available for the selected firmware. Today it should work without problems
Old 09-19-2023, 03:04 AM   #68
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
In the meantime, you can download the firmware from the website and move it to KoboPatchFan/src. To the /src/ folder - very important, not to the root folder.
No problem, I updated this time in the traditional way - that worked well with the .zip file linked to in the KoboPatch thread.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 01:32 AM   #69
hatuluang
Connoisseur
hatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
change working directory on portable app

Hi Tommalka,

Thank you very much for your app, it's working well. Just wondering if is possible to change the working directory on the setting instead of My document to another desired directory? I'm using the portable one. thank you in advance.
hatuluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 08:55 PM   #70
InStim
InStim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage, Sony PRS-505
Using 1.2.1 with Kobo Libra 2 and the 4.38.21908 firmware.

I use nickel tab patches 1 and 17. The selection of patch 17 is cleared as soon as you leave the nickel tab in (2) Select Patches, or if you switch to (3) Generate patch.

After generating the patch and applying it, the patch 17 is not applied for sure.

I have PM'ed you a recording of the selection and tab switching.
InStim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 05:03 PM   #71
Tommalka
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatuluang View Post
Hi Tommalka,

Thank you very much for your app, it's working well. Just wondering if is possible to change the working directory on the setting instead of My document to another desired directory? I'm using the portable one. thank you in advance.
No, this is not possible in the current version. But there are buttons in the GUI that open the storage location ("Open Folder"), so that you have quick access to it.
Old 09-23-2023, 05:05 PM   #72
Tommalka
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by InStim View Post
Using 1.2.1 with Kobo Libra 2 and the 4.38.21908 firmware.

I use nickel tab patches 1 and 17. The selection of patch 17 is cleared as soon as you leave the nickel tab in (2) Select Patches, or if you switch to (3) Generate patch.

After generating the patch and applying it, the patch 17 is not applied for sure.

I have PM'ed you a recording of the selection and tab switching.
Thank you very much for the report! I have identified the bug and fixed it. I will soon release a new version
Old 09-23-2023, 07:07 PM   #73
Tommalka
Enthusiast

I just released version 1.2.2:
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the correct loading and selection of some patches.
    Thanks to @InStim for reporting!

Download (v1.2.2):

Windows installer (.msi)

Windows portable folder

Linux portable folder
Old 09-24-2023, 04:36 PM   #74
InStim
InStim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage, Sony PRS-505
Thanks for the fix. Appreciate your work!
InStim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 04:55 AM   #75
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
I just released version 1.2.2:
Thanks! Any idea if/when you're going to add recognition of the 'Files' subsection of kobopatch.yaml?
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote