Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-23-2023, 10:51 AM   #1
lexic
Longtime Lurker
lexic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Boox Leaf 2, iPad mini 6, Kindle Oasis 3 & Scribe
Nova Air 2 & Kindle app question

I'd like to get away from using the iPad Kindle app "immersion reading" feature. I like to switch between audio and reading when my hands are busy or eyes are tired, but I enjoy still seeing the book on screen.

So... can I do this on the Boox? I'd love to be able to use this feature with e-ink in bed at night.
lexic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 02:08 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexic View Post
Kindle app "immersion reading" feature.
So... can I do this on the Boox? I'd love to be able to use this feature with e-ink in bed at night.
I Think so
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Audible.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	199215  
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2023, 10:28 AM   #3
lexic
Longtime Lurker

Thank you!
Old 02-17-2023, 12:46 PM   #4
lexic
Longtime Lurker

A quick update - Boox Leaf 2* purchased and the Kindle app does exactly what I need. Screen refresh needs to be on speed mode for highlighting to work correctly. The speaker sound could be better but it'll do. If it bothers me I'll output via Bluetooth.

*Decided to save some $ as my first Boox purchase so picked Leaf 2 over Nova Air 2.

Last edited by lexic; 02-17-2023 at 12:48 PM. Reason: bought different model than in subject line