Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-18-2023, 01:02 PM   #1
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
MobileRead Short Story Anthology - "Planting the Flag"

Some of you may recall our attempt at putting together a short story anthology back in 2014. The threads are still stickied in Writer's Corner!

We didn't get that over the finishing post, but I submitted my two stories to various magazines. One of them, Planting the Flag, earned me my very first paid fiction acceptance, at Stupefying Stories.

But the magazine went through a rough time, for sad personal reasons which the editor Bruce Bethke details on his blog, and Planting the Flag never got published, until today!

You can read it online at:

https://stupefyingstories.blogspot.c...ham-brand.html

I have a big soft spot for this story. It's one for lovers of robots, starships, and grand voyages.

The other story, Cutting it Fine, appeared in Electric Spec back in 2016, and I'm really happy that its companion has finally seen the light of day!
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 04:21 AM   #2
Kekler
Kekler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Very interesting to read and compare how the forecasts worked 9 years later. Thanks for sharing!
Kekler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 04:12 AM   #3
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekler View Post
Very interesting to read and compare how the forecasts worked 9 years later. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Kekler. Although we didn't complete the anthology, I think we all learned a lot about writing and rewriting in the process. I certainly came away from the process with more confidence, and that was priceless.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 01:04 PM   #4
arjaybe
Wizard
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Congratulations, Graham. I wonder how anyone else has done with their stories. I haven't even tried submitting mine anywhere.
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 06:51 AM   #5
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
It looks good, Graham. I'm pleased it finally made its way out, and in style!

arjaybe, I didn't try to submit my story anywhere, just put it up on Smashwords and my website.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 01:11 PM   #6
arjaybe
Wizard
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
It looks good, Graham. I'm pleased it finally made its way out, and in style!

arjaybe, I didn't try to submit my story anywhere, just put it up on Smashwords and my website.
Hm, Smashwords. I'll have to have another look at that. My stories will soon join the flash fiction that I'm recording and posting on my site. It's all Creative Commons.
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote