Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-19-2022, 05:08 PM   #1
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Can someone provide a Boox highlights export

Hi guys,

can someone upload or paste a txt export of a highlights file from a current BOOX device (Air, Air 2, Lumi or similar)? A small sample of 2-3 highlights (not annotations) would suffice

What I'm trying to find out is what the structure of the export file looks lile and how easy it is to convert to a format like this:

Code:
Some random book

Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 

Highlights 2 Highlights 2 Highlights 2 Highlights 2 Highlights 2 Highlights 2 Highlights 2 Highlights 2

Kindle export it's clippings file like so:

Code:
Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 
==========
Some random book (Author Name)
- Your Highlight on page 25 | Location 426-428 | Added on Monday, February 14, 2022 12:10:04 AM
I can then convert this via clippings.io or another similar method to:

Code:
Some random book

Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 Highlights 1 

Highlights 2 Highlights 2 Highlights 2 Highlights 2 Highlights 2 Highlights 2 Highlights 2 Highlights 2
This formating gets rid of all the "Location 426-428 | Added on Monday, February 14, 2022 12:10:04 AM" junk I don't want after each highlight.
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 06:35 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=343420
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2022, 09:15 AM   #3
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Thanks. That helps a bit. However, the original file was deleted.
Old 02-20-2022, 02:11 PM   #4
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Here's a random example I made from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland using my Boox Nova 2 and the 3.2 firmware:
Code:
Reading Notes*|*<<Alice's Adventures in Wonderland>>
null

Time:2022-02-20 12:39
【Original Text】was nothing so very remarkable in that; nor did Alice think it so very much out of the way to hear the Rabbit say to itself, "Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late!" (when she thought it over afterwards, it occurred to her that she ought to have wondered at this, but at the time it all seemed quite natural); but when the Rabbit actually took a watch out of its waistcoat-pocket, and looked at it, and then hurried on, Alice started to her feet, for it flashed across her mind that she had never before seen a rabbit with either a waistcoat
【Annotations】
【Page Number】9
-------------------

Time:2022-02-20 14:53
【Original Text】miles I've fallen by this time?" she said aloud. "I must be getting somewhere near the centre of the earth. Let me see: that would be four thousand miles down. I think—" (for, you see, Alice had learnt several things of this sort in her lessons in the schoolroom, and though this was not a very good opportunity for showing off her knowledge, as there was no one to listen to her, still it was good practice to say it over) "—yes, that's about the right distance—but then I wonder what Latitude or Longitude I've got to?" (Alice had no idea what Latitude was, or Longitude either, but thought they were nice grand words to say.) 
Presently she began again
【Annotations】
【Page Number】11
-------------------
It's pretty simple. Typed annotations go on the annotations line if there is any.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 02:53 PM   #5
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
As before, watch out for and handle the following UTF-8 characters correctly:
Code:
U+3010  Left Black Lenticular Bracket
U+3011  Right Black Lenticular Bracket
U+FF1A  Fullwidth Colon
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2022, 03:01 PM   #6
readandread
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
Here's a random example I made from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland using my Boox Nova 2 and the 3.2 firmware:
Code:
Reading Notes*|*<<Alice's Adventures in Wonderland>>
null

Time:2022-02-20 12:39
【Original Text】was nothing so very remarkable in that; nor did Alice think it so very much out of the way to hear the Rabbit say to itself, "Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late!" (when she thought it over afterwards, it occurred to her that she ought to have wondered at this, but at the time it all seemed quite natural); but when the Rabbit actually took a watch out of its waistcoat-pocket, and looked at it, and then hurried on, Alice started to her feet, for it flashed across her mind that she had never before seen a rabbit with either a waistcoat
【Annotations】
【Page Number】9
-------------------

Time:2022-02-20 14:53
【Original Text】miles I've fallen by this time?" she said aloud. "I must be getting somewhere near the centre of the earth. Let me see: that would be four thousand miles down. I think—" (for, you see, Alice had learnt several things of this sort in her lessons in the schoolroom, and though this was not a very good opportunity for showing off her knowledge, as there was no one to listen to her, still it was good practice to say it over) "—yes, that's about the right distance—but then I wonder what Latitude or Longitude I've got to?" (Alice had no idea what Latitude was, or Longitude either, but thought they were nice grand words to say.) 
Presently she began again
【Annotations】
【Page Number】11
-------------------
It's pretty simple. Typed annotations go on the annotations line if there is any.
Thanks so much! The tricky part will be to get this cleaned up like the Clippings files from Kindle.

Tags
boox, highlights and notes, highlights annotations