Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-17-2021, 03:07 PM   #1
JordanPhils
JordanPhils began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Problem with Likebook Mars+Kindle App / Getting the app to read books in SD Card

Hello one and all! I just recently got myself a Likebook Mars and have basically committed to the Kindle App as my go-to-reader of choice. Everything's working great except I cannot seem to find a way for the Kindle app to read books that I store on the SD.

I use Calibre for porting my books over and to begin with, when I installed the Kindle App it didn't create it's own "media folder" in the native storage. I read somewhere that you have to create a "kindle" folder in the internal system file system and so I did that and then Calibre was able to port over books to is successfully that the Kindle App (now) reads just fine.

I wanted to do the same for the SD Card (seeing as I would like the books to be stored by and large on the external storage). When formatted as an external storage device (i.e. non-internal/systems format), Calibre reads the SD Card and gives the option to send over books to that location. At first errors would occur though when I tried sending books the card, but after duplicating the steps of creating a "kindle" folder in the SD Card location, Calibre was then able to send the book/s successfully.

However, when I open the Kindle app, it still only reads the books from the "kindle"-folder in the internal memory.

Is there any work-around for this? I'm now thinking that formatting the SD Card as internal storage might be the only way I can get it to read the books I chose to put on the SD Card. In which case I would then "move" the Kindle app over from being in the internal storage into the SD Card (this I know is possible) and then move the kindle folder as well from the internal memory to the SD Card. In theory I think this will work and App as well as the Library in the Kindle folder will now be read from the SD Card being that it is now basically in a location that is "extended internal memory". But I don't know how Calibre now, on the other hand; will handle sending books over to the device and which location it will now read as "internal memory".

Would really appreciate some insight and help with this from users that have more experience on the matter. A big THANK YOU in advance!
JordanPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:25 AM   #2
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
I’m in no way an expert on Boyue devices and my contributions have not been well received by some others who reckon all my problems were due to a lack of application and intelligence on my part. From the initial support I received from Boyue they do not recommend formatting the SD card as internal storage. I initially did so and found that the SD card can no longer be separately accessed. Everything is in the same pot so to speak. After nearly a fortnight fighting to master the device I’ve kept things as simple as possible. It’s used as an e-reader only and I’ve stuck to one app for books. There are a number of good ones I found preferable to the native Boyue app. What is useful about these e-readers is that you can pretty well dispense with converting books between the epub and mobi formats. Good luck with your Mars but I advise you to tread carefully. Users who hit problems often have a very fraught journey ahead,
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert