Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-18-2021, 01:36 PM   #16
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Verbose debug logs or it didn't happen .

(A fix was merged, but Onyx stuff is usually even more broken than other broken Android vendors).

EDIT: Failed to notice that the original reporter was using the same device. Now I'm confused, because that reporter confirmed that the fix worked. The request for logs still stands, though .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-18-2021 at 01:38 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:16 AM   #17
Winkelschraube
Connoisseur
Winkelschraube began at the beginning.

Device: The (orly) amazing Kindle Oasis 3
Ok I hope it is correct:

started koreader, scrolled a few pages, sleep mode on and off, then koreader crashes.

https://paste2.org/FbwMbc13

Edit: 2021.05-90 is installed with the internal updater.
Winkelschraube is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2021, 01:39 AM   #18
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I'm not seeing *any* of the `activityState` logs (but I'm not yet familiar with the new log prefixes), so it's a bit strange, but I do see the ANR w/ 3 events in the queue, which is similar to the original report...

Maybe @pazos will have an idea of what might be happening here .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:42 AM   #19
Winkelschraube
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I'm not seeing *any* of the `activityState` logs (but I'm not yet familiar with the new log prefixes), so it's a bit strange, but I do see the ANR w/ 3 events in the queue, which is similar to the original report...

Maybe @pazos will have an idea of what might be happening here .
This is the output from "adb logcat >> koreadlogcat.txt"
Old 06-19-2021, 03:17 AM   #20
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
FWIW, KOReader on my Poke2 produces frequent ANRs (initially I thought the May update had fixed it, sadly not).

There is no consistent pattern for me in when an ANR will be generated, though switching in and out of inverted screen, and coming out of sleep are the two most frequent generators.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2021, 07:13 AM   #21
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Hi. ANRs can be triggered in any device, you just need to follow the steps in: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-752251104

Most of the time ANR's happen this way:

1. User performs an action that takes time to finish.
2. User press the touchscreen one or a few times while the action is executing.
3. If the action takes more than 5seconds Android will think the app isn't responding.

We can workaround it: see https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-752255904. That requires users to document what they did to trigger them on the first place.

If certain Onyx models have other kind of issues or a stricter timeout I can't say. But certainly OP issue was fixed and the bug made sense (even when it was something that doesn't affect any other device made by any other vendor)

If you can still reproduce OP issue (Suspend the device, wait 20 seconds, press the power button, KOReader not responding) then please use the "Help" -> "Bug report" to get filtered logs.

If your issues are not strictly like OP but you can make them reproducible following certain steps please describe them.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:27 AM   #22
Winkelschraube
Connoisseur

Quote:
For this bug report you're fine with enabling debug logs and using adb logcat KOReader:* ActivityManager:* *:S.
How can I enable debug logs in koreader?

2021.04 works pretty stable - 2021.05 and following crashes.

Last edited by Winkelschraube; 06-19-2021 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-19-2021, 07:30 AM   #23
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Go to File Manager, Top Menu, Tools icon, More Tools, Developer options: there you can enabled debug logs as well as verbose logs. Then crash.log will be much more detailed
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:46 AM   #24
Winkelschraube
Connoisseur

Ok attached the output from:

adb logcat KOReader:* ActivityManager:* *:S >> koreadlogcat01.txt

and the crash.log(.txt) from koreader.
Attached Files
File Type: txt koreadlogcat01.txt (422.0 KB, 84 views)
File Type: txt crash.log.txt (441.0 KB, 79 views)
Old 06-19-2021, 08:07 AM   #25
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelschraube View Post
Ok attached the output from:

adb logcat KOReader:* ActivityManager:* *:S >> koreadlogcat01.txt

and the crash.log(.txt) from koreader.
A log alone, without reproducing steps worth nothing. Please try to do the following:

1. describe the steps used to get the ANR
2. if the steps always trigger an ANR please:

2.1 close the program normally (Hamburguer -> Exit)
2.2 clear logcat logs (adb logcat -c)
2.3 reproduce the ANR again.
2.4 press close on the ANR dialog
2.5 use the adb logcat command to get logs.
Old 06-19-2021, 09:59 AM   #26
Winkelschraube
Connoisseur

Ok, the steps are:

Open koreader -> automaticly load a book -> press power button (go sleep) -> wait 10sec. -> press power button (wake up) -> tab on screen -> after some secs ANR
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash.log.txt (208.7 KB, 75 views)
File Type: txt koreadlogcat02.txt (35.1 KB, 80 views)
Old 06-19-2021, 10:24 AM   #27
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Ok, the steps are:

Open koreader -> automaticly load a book -> press power button (go sleep) -> wait 10sec. -> press power button (wake up) -> tab on screen -> after some secs ANR
Yup, that's OP issue.

Onyx devices are completely borked. At least the Poke 2.

We can blacklist devices made by monkeys. We need device ids, you can get those using one of the following methods:

1. From KOReader FM -> Tools -> Dev options -> Start e-ink test.
2. From ADB, with
Code:
adb shell am start -n org.koreader.launcher/.EPDTestActivity
Both options should provide you a few strings with manufacturer, device, product ....

Please copy and paste here.
Old 06-19-2021, 11:40 AM   #28
Winkelschraube
Connoisseur

Quote:
Onyx devices are completely borked. At least the Poke 2.

Ok, but its worked on 2021.04 and before, so its a new bug.

Last edited by Winkelschraube; 06-19-2021 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-19-2021, 12:52 PM   #29
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:

Ok, but its worked on 2021.04 and before, so its a new bug.
I disagree. It would be a new bug if we didn't follow platform practices that work everywhere. It just happen to be a new feature that works fine everywhere but fails on Onyx Poke 2 because it has a broken lifecycle handling.

Usually e-ink devices fail to deliver good compatibility with android (with the exception of Boyue and Nooks). But in the case of Onyx it is a major pain:

Some devices work in A2 only.
Some devices have broken HW rotation.
Some devices have broken lifecycle handling.
Some devices left part of the framework unimplemented (SAF, PackageManager, DownloadManager ...)

I think we can workaround this issue too but please 1st check that the version in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...91&postcount=5 works without the "bug".

If that's still buggy then I'm afraid I have no idea what's happening, as there're no other changes that could explain the difference you see between 2020.04 and 2020.05.
Old 06-19-2021, 02:46 PM   #30
Winkelschraube
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
I disagree. It would be a new bug if we didn't follow platform practices that work everywhere. It just happen to be a new feature that works fine everywhere but fails on Onyx Poke 2 because it has a broken lifecycle handling.
Ok I understand that. But no other reader is so nice and lightweight with small margins and good picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
I think we can workaround this issue too but please 1st check that the version in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...91&postcount=5 works without the "bug".

If that's still buggy then I'm afraid I have no idea what's happening, as there're no other changes that could explain the difference you see between 2020.04 and 2020.05.
The Dropbox version works without problem. No wake-up bug.

I must also praise you developers for the statistics plugin. It still works on big version jumps back and forth.

Edit: Do you need a logfile with the working version?