jd2733
jd2733 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
"Error communicating with device" on Kobo Clara w Koreader

Mac 10.15.7
Calibre 5.9
Koreader 2020.12
Kobo Clara HD fw 4.25.15875

This is my first e-reader, and first time using calibre.

I followed the one-click install of koreader found on mobileread

My goal is to be able to highlight epubs and pdfs if possible, on kobo or koreader, and sync those highlights back to Calibre. Still not sure if that's possible, after researching for hours. Is it?

I can push to books/docs to Koreader without problem. Works fine. But when I try to do any other managing, saving to disk, or fetching annotations, for example, from the device back to the mac, I get:

Code:
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

request for book data failed

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 89, in run
  File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 643, in _view_book
  File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 50, in _synchronizer
  File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 1592, in get_file
calibre.devices.errors.ControlError: request for book data failed
Any help appreciated, and thanks to all of you working on this software!

Also What device should I pick when first starting Calibre? Generic, or Kobo?
jd2733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 03:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The Welcome Wizard mostly sets Image size and margins.
Tablet: leaves them alone (as is)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2021, 10:45 AM   #3
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
That's an issue in KOReader, not in calibre.

Pulling books from device wirelessly is not supported right now. It will be supported some day, hopefully.

That day you'll be able to sync back annotations to calibre wirelessly using https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-729834475. Until that day arrives you'll need to use that plugin (if you want to sync annotations) or pulling books using a usb port.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote