Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-03-2020, 03:25 PM   #76
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Thanks yes. I put a few on a wishlist called prime day. . And I keep browsing and comparing models. So they should have some browsing history. Just narrowing it down to a few so I can jump on it if one of those goes on sale.
If you find one, please let me know. I want one too, but don't have the time to do the research.

Thanks in advance
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:30 PM   #77
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
And hypothetically, if you needed more storage space, there is a 32 GB Paperwhite.

EDIT: There's also the Kindle Manga, which is a 32 GB PW3, but that was Japan-only.

Last edited by binaryhermit; 10-03-2020 at 03:36 PM.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2020, 03:30 PM   #78
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
My only wishes this year are my usual wish for a small decent (doesn't have to be awesome) 5" or less (4" would be better) no-contract Android phone to use just as a music player, and to install a couple of reading apps on. Other than the Palm Phone, which would be awesome, but it doesn't have a memory card slot, and I have a LOT of music and books, which have to go on a memory card. The books would probably be okay, but the music needs the external memory. Sigh!

And my other wish is for the small size (3 qt) instant pot for our son and his girlfriend, who just got their own place. Instant pots seem to have almost always been on sale on Prime Day - with my luck this will be the first year that they are not ...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:40 PM   #79
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
My only wishes this year are my usual wish for a small decent (doesn't have to be awesome) 5" or less (4" would be better) no-contract Android phone to use just as a music player, and to install a couple of reading apps on. Other than the Palm Phone, which would be awesome, but it doesn't have a memory card slot, and I have a LOT of music and books, which have to go on a memory card. The books would probably be okay, but the music needs the external memory. Sigh!
I hear you on the phone. I'm also on the lookout for one. I just glanced at an article about the iPhone 12 and they mentioned the possibility of an iPhone 12 Mini. Guess what screen size the Mini had? If you guessed 5.7", you'd be correct. WTH! In what sane universe is a 5.7" phone considered mini?

I swear, these phone producers have lost their minds!

Oh, and double sigh

Anyway, I suspect the better deals will happen on Black Friday. Speaking of Black Friday, I think it's time they changed the name to Black November
Old 10-03-2020, 03:47 PM   #80
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The same universe where phones are approaching 7 inches on the high end.

I mean, the Samsung Galaxy Note had a 5.3 inch screen.
Advert
Old 10-03-2020, 03:48 PM   #81
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
And hypothetically, if you needed more storage space, there is a 32 GB Paperwhite.

EDIT: There's also the Kindle Manga, which is a 32 GB PW3, but that was Japan-only.
You can buy the 32 Gig PW from Amazon ... They do NOT come from Japan.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:51 PM   #82
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, yes it is.
However, the Kindle Manga, which I assume is discontinued and has been for about 2 years now, was Japan-only.
And once you factor in shipping from Japan, the ones on eBay are about the same as the 32 GB PW4 on Amazon, plus all the hassles involved in buying stuff from Japan.

So unless you really prefer the PW3, the PW4 with 32 GB is a better deal.
Old 10-03-2020, 04:13 PM   #83
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Yes, yes it is.
However, the Kindle Manga, which I assume is discontinued and has been for about 2 years now, was Japan-only.
And once you factor in shipping from Japan, the ones on eBay are about the same as the 32 GB PW4 on Amazon, plus all the hassles involved in buying stuff from Japan.

So unless you really prefer the PW3, the PW4 with 32 GB is a better deal.
The Woot deals were nice, though. Iirc, got mine for $90 and they were on jailbreakable firmware. That was months before the PW4 was releasedl
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 04:18 PM   #84
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer

And I wouldn't advise against such a Woot! deal.

But at ~$140 plus shipping from Japan for something that's likely been sitting in a box with its lithium ion battery deteriorating for 2 years, no. Just no.

EDIT: There's an eBay seller selling a white one for $129 plus $21 shipping. I'd still pay the extra $10 on Amazon for the waterproofing, presumably being less old, and not having to order from Japan.

Last edited by binaryhermit; 10-03-2020 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:13 PM   #85
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
Kindle Book Deals: Plus, Prime members can choose two, new select Kindle books for free.

How do we enroll for this one?
Click here for this part of the deal.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #86
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiTee View Post
Also available at Amazon UK.
Thanks - added to the OP and this post
Old 10-04-2020, 12:15 PM   #87
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
5.7" as "mini" - ouch!!!

At some point, I may break down on the SD card and get a Palm Phone, but I'd love to find some other alternate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I hear you on the phone. I'm also on the lookout for one. I just glanced at an article about the iPhone 12 and they mentioned the possibility of an iPhone 12 Mini. Guess what screen size the Mini had? If you guessed 5.7", you'd be correct. WTH! In what sane universe is a 5.7" phone considered mini?

I swear, these phone producers have lost their minds!

Oh, and double sigh

Anyway, I suspect the better deals will happen on Black Friday. Speaking of Black Friday, I think it's time they changed the name to Black November
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:22 PM   #88
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer

To be fair, since the iPhone first came out, smartphone aspect ratios have gone from 3:2 to 16:9 to wider than 16:9. Like, the pixel 4a is 19.5:9
Old 10-04-2020, 12:35 PM   #89
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Note, it's 5.4" not 5.7". Chassis size is between 4" iPhone 5 and 4.7" iPhone 6. It just has greatly reduced bezels.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 02:12 PM   #90
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
I wish some of the things on my wishlist would go on sale. The Doom boardgame and the foam inserts, now that would be nice to go on sale. But I just don't see it happening. Prime Day seems to be about the flashy stuff. I'll hope though.
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote