Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-29-2020, 11:46 AM   #31
Alex_Go
Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Pocketbook Color, Sony PRS-T2
Please note that amazon Prime offers may differ depending on your coutry.

Also, i find that even though Prime Days used to be a nice occasion to get a DSLR with a few hundreds dollars knocked off or whatever you might have wanted at a fair and interesting discount, nowadays it's only Amazon's own products that are discounted slightly more than usual. And one would have to be dense to buy an echo dot full price at this point...
Alex_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 02:40 PM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Prime Video US -- limited time
Quote:
Get a $5 credit by watching any video included with Prime
Let's try this again. I wasn't very clear in my initial post, so that's on me. I corrected my post.

Step 1 -- make sure you meet these requirements: US customer, Prime member, signed into your Amazon account.

Step 2 -- click on this link to find the banner (see image below). That's where I found the banner.

Step 3 -- Offer good while supplies last

Fine Print
Quote:
• This offer is only valid for eligible customers located and with a billing address in the United States who stream a movie or TV episode (excluding trailers) included with Prime on Prime Video.

• You need to be a Prime member and signed into your Amazon account to participate in this promotion.

• You need to enter this promotion by clicking on one of the promotional messages (e.g. banner ads) for this campaign.

• Offer good while supplies last
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	$5.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	182332  

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-29-2020 at 02:57 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2020, 02:46 PM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdonline View Post
Guess we'll have to wait for Black Friday to get the ereader deals?

Was hoping to finally buy an Oasis.
The deals posted so far are just teasers. The real sale doesn't begin until 13 Oct. I fully expect to see ereaders for Prime Day and Black Friday.

So stay tuned
Old 09-29-2020, 05:01 PM   #34
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Prime Video US -- limited time

Let's try this again. I wasn't very clear in my initial post, so that's on me. I corrected my post.
Your initial post was not the problem. Amazon is the problem. I just did a chat with them, and was told the offer is only for people who have never streamed Amazon video before. They are the only people who supposedly received the e-mail and who can see the banner.

I objected that the terms and conditions say nothing about first-time use, but got nowhere.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:17 PM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Your initial post was not the problem. Amazon is the problem. I just did a chat with them, and was told the offer is only for people who have never streamed Amazon video before. They are the only people who supposedly received the e-mail and who can see the banner.
That's funny, because I've streamed lots of videos. Additionally, I never received an email about it.

Go figure.

Quote:
I objected that the terms and conditions say nothing about first-time use, but got nowhere.
Totally agree with you. This is another non-deal targeted to certain subsets of their customer base.

It's highly unethical for Amazon to pretend these are Prime Day deals when only a small number of Prime members are eligible. Oh how I hate that!
Advert
Old 09-29-2020, 07:09 PM   #36
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Never watched a Prime video? It looks like I qualify. I don't watch videos or TV. Picked up Disney+ in July. I've watched only Hamilton. Ten times. I'll probably drop it soon.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:16 PM   #37
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I stream lots of Prime Video and the banner does not show up for me.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:56 PM   #38
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
That's funny, because I've streamed lots of videos. Additionally, I never received an email about it.

Go figure.

Totally agree with you. This is another non-deal targeted to certain subsets of their customer base.

It's highly unethical for Amazon to pretend these are Prime Day deals when only a small number of Prime members are eligible. Oh how I hate that!
Where did you get the initial link then?

The worst thing is that the first-time user limitation simply isn't mentioned. If they're going to set limits, they need to be up-front about it.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:18 PM   #39
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
From Prime Day's homepage.

I saw the banner and clicked on it. The next page said I was activated. I copied the banner.

EDIT: I just clicked on the above link and the banner is once again visible to me. Why??? Give it shot.

Quote:
The worst thing is that the first-time user limitation simply isn't mentioned. If they're going to set limits, they need to be up-front about it.
I know and that's down right deceptive on Amazon's part.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-29-2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:16 PM   #40
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:

It’s a targeted offer. I think you don’t even see the promo unless you’re eligible.

Iirc, tubemonkey cancels his Amazon Prime after the free trial. That probably qualifies him as a “new” Prime customer.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:37 PM   #41
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Iirc, tubemonkey cancels his Amazon Prime after the free trial. That probably qualifies him as a “new” Prime customer.
I'm currently on a yearly plan. Last year for Veterans Day, Amazon was offering a $40 discount on Prime ($119 --> $79) for all active duty military and veterans. I'm a vet and took them up on the offer.

I'm hoping Amazon repeats this offer again this year.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:36 AM   #42
MrGimper
MrGimper began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite v4
Will be tempted to get an Oasis 32GB if the price drop is decent (wasn't it about £50 drop last time?)

Are we expecting a new model Oasis soon?
MrGimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:47 AM   #43
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
From Prime Day's homepage.

I saw the banner and clicked on it. The next page said I was activated. I copied the banner.

EDIT: I just clicked on the above link and the banner is once again visible to me. Why??? Give it shot.

I know and that's down right deceptive on Amazon's part.
Still does not show for me and I have been a Prime Member for a long time.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 11:29 AM   #44
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Still does not show for me and I have been a Prime Member for a long time.
Apache
It showed for me. I am a current Prime member, I've watched several shows on Prime and my billing address is in Canada. Methinks their algorithm is not quite perfected.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 03:53 PM   #45
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Interested in HP Printer.... just home one. Nothing fancy.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote