Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2020, 04:11 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Strange reading times

I have two non-sideloaded books. Both of them I've only begun to read. One of them says "2 mins to go" and the other one says "7 mins to go." I'm not quite that fast a reader.

My non-sideloaded books have more reasonable times (several hours each). I wonder if somehow the chapter and book times got mixed up.

Is there some way to fix this? I tried reading a chapter of each but they're still messed up.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-22-2020 at 04:14 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 04:31 PM   #2
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I have two non-sideloaded books. Both of them I've only begun to read. One of them says "2 mins to go" and the other one says "7 mins to go." I'm not quite that fast a reader.

My non-sideloaded books have more reasonable times (several hours each). I wonder if somehow the chapter and book times got mixed up.

Is there some way to fix this? I tried reading a chapter of each but they're still messed up.

It's my experience that kobo reading stats, whether purchased or sideloaded, are works of much purer fiction than the books whose progress they chart. I can be told I'm 50% through a book after 90 minutes of reading and also be told I have 5 hours left.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2020, 04:38 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post

Did you skim through any KePub recently?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 04:56 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did once a few years ago, before I figured out how to mark a book as read. But I've had a factory reset since then.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:09 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Could these books be missing entries in the ToC? That would throw off the time remaining.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2020, 06:23 PM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

No missing ToC entries.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:23 AM   #7
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I noticed that the little chapter-length graph in the in-book reading statistics seemed to be messed up too. I'm not sure how that happened. I deleted the book entries with Calibre and then used account repair to put them back. Both the time left to read and chapter graph look okay now.