Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 08-28-2020, 04:08 AM   #46
Jinz
Enthusiast
Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Likebook Mars, Imcosys V6l, Trekstor Pyrus
Is there a way to back up my apps and easily reinstall them instead of wasting many hours with this? This upgrade procedure hardly looks like it's worth the trouble...
Jinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 04:41 AM   #47
noboyue
noboyue began at the beginning.

Device: likebook Mars T80D
Did anybody go back to the previous version yet?
If so, could you please give advice how to do it?

I not impressed with the stability of the 8.1 and don't see improvements which make me eager to stay with 8.1.
Quite the contrary there are restrictions on apps with 8.1 which brake some functionality I was using with the previous version.
noboyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2020, 04:47 AM   #48
MiGP
MiGP began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars T80D
noboyue, I also had big problems with the stability of 8.1, so I flashed 8.1 once again. And everything is perfect now. It's strange, but it looks in a different way after the second flashing, I know there should be no differences, it's one and same image, but it's so. For example not it shows a dashed line when going from books page to apps page and vise versa. Nothing such after the first flash. So, you can also try to flash 8.1 once again.
MiGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 04:19 PM   #49
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
Noticed the very clear admonition at the start to make certain you unit was "off" and appreciate the reminder. The new (most recent) firmware appears to correct many of the initial problems. Hovering somewhere around bazz2004's comments as my highly limited usage may not warrant the update at this time. However, with that being said, I have much more "idle hands" time coming up soon and who knows where that may lead!
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:49 AM   #50
ernieh
Connoisseur
ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch, kobo mini, Icarus Xl, Likebook Mars, Kobo Forma, Pocketboo
You are all very brave to do this update, currently I am too scared especially as there do not appear to be many advantages. Am really only posting this comment to subscribe to the thread as it does interest me.
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2020, 05:21 AM   #51
Motobylette
Motobylette began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook
Bonjour, je viens de recevoir la liseuse mars commandée il ya une semaine, elle est livrée d'origine avec Android 8.1 et fonctionne bien, un peu plus rapide que like book plus. Elle s'appelle T80D et version système : BYRead V3.0.0-2020081915.

Pour votre information
Motobylette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:51 AM   #52
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motobylette View Post
Bonjour, je viens de recevoir la liseuse mars commandée il ya une semaine, elle est livrée d'origine avec Android 8.1 et fonctionne bien, un peu plus rapide que like book plus. Elle s'appelle T80D et version système : BYRead V3.0.0-2020081915.

Pour votre information
For those of us who don't read french:

Hello, I just received the mars e-reader ordered a week ago, it comes with Android 8.1 and works well, a little faster than like book plus. It is called T80D and system version: BYRead V3.0.0-2020081915.

For your information
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:16 AM   #53
patientxtr
Enthusiast
patientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it is

Device: Likebook Mars, Kindle 3(sold), Jetbook Lite (gave away)
The day I ordered Mars online this update announced, and today my ereader came, I used the device with the firmware installed on it (the latest 6.1 firmware) for a bit just to see how it was before and then updated to 8.1 without any problems at all. Having updated countless android tablets & phones in the past, this is one of the easiest of them over all. Google play store comes enabled , and we can't disable it on the settings like before (but can be disabled with other programs) Installed feedly for rss reading, kindle for android for my collection on amazon, audible, files by google , telegram (for certain book groups) , kiwi browser (to be able to use desktop chrome extensions), voice aloud (for tts with other programs) and hidden settings for disabling enabling some programs easily (like play store) and of course tachiyomi for mangas
patientxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:55 AM   #54
Waddle
Waddle began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
I like the upgrade to 8.1. My books seem better formatted. Before I would get gaps between paragraphs but no longer. On the other hand, a lot of words are getting hyphenated on the edges which I don't like. Faster boot and shut down times. Battery life? Don't know yet!

Does anybody use the battery saver function? There use to be a speech balloon with dots that popped up before. But that is apparently gone when battery saver is enabled. I find that I have to turn it on every time I boot the device.

Last edited by Waddle; 09-05-2020 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Found setting for reading books!
Waddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:50 AM   #55
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: likebook mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by patientxtr View Post
Google play store comes enabled , and we can't disable it on the settings like before (but can be disabled with other programs) Installed feedly for rss reading, kindle for android for my collection on amazon, audible, files by google , telegram (for certain book groups) , kiwi browser (to be able to use desktop chrome extensions), voice aloud (for tts with other programs) and hidden settings for disabling enabling some programs easily (like play store) and of course tachiyomi for mangas
Try this
on home screen
click on the clock displayed in the top menu bar.
click on "Settings"
click on 'User Settings'
click on "Enable Google Frame"
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:45 PM   #56
airbus02
Enthusiast
airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle pw3
I'm curious as to why Boyue didn't simply make this available over the air (OTA).
airbus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 03:40 PM   #57
patientxtr
Enthusiast
patientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it is

Does the default reader recognise cbr - cbz format ? It has been a few days and I am still discovering its various functions. If the default reader isn't working for cbr-cbz than which reader do you guys suggest that I use with this device considering we need to have the cleanest ui possible here and without any dark backround.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:19 PM   #58
seby
seby began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by patientxtr View Post
Does the default reader recognise cbr - cbz format ? It has been a few days and I am still discovering its various functions. If the default reader isn't working for cbr-cbz than which reader do you guys suggest that I use with this device considering we need to have the cleanest ui possible here and without any dark backround.
Hello, my suggestion for a great cbr-cbz reader is Perfect Viewer. I think I tried pretty much any available cbr/cbz app available for Android, but in my opinion this one is the best. I have been using it for months in my Mars and for years on my Android tablets, and it's great. No need to update to the paid version, the free one has everything you need and more.
seby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 01:51 PM   #59
patientxtr
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by seby View Post
Hello, my suggestion for a great cbr-cbz reader is Perfect Viewer. I think I tried pretty much any available cbr/cbz app available for Android, but in my opinion this one is the best. I have been using it for months in my Mars and for years on my Android tablets, and it's great. No need to update to the paid version, the free one has everything you need and more.
Already been using it in my phone and tablet before and installed it here also. Just wanted to ask if there are any specific alternatives for the eink devices.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:14 PM   #60
Lparsons21
Zealot
Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 4
Wanted to do this upgrade but alas, no Windows box to do it with.
Lparsons21 is offline   Reply With Quote