Old 08-25-2020, 06:14 PM   #16
wanderson
wanderson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11 & Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rl View Post
... I've explored different options for rooting it and this is what I've done:

1) Download the new Android 8.1 update package
9) Repack the update-10225.img with imgRePackerRK and follow the update procedure as explained by Likebook.
Whoa! 2rl, THANKS for this step-by-step! I've now got a rooted image to go on my Mars when it arrives Thursday.

Wanders

Last edited by wanderson; 08-25-2020 at 06:17 PM.
wanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:16 PM   #17
DosSantos
DosSantos began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Not rooted after update to 8.1 as far as I can tell- supersu not present, greenify options that require root don't worh, and one root checker app I tried showed not rooted.
DosSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2020, 02:41 AM   #18
MiGP
MiGP began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars T80D
It's not rooted after the update to 8.1.
OK, it looks that my problem is specific, so I should probably flash again my Mars. So, this morning I decided to download the firmware again and surprise, nobody on the download page: https://mega.nz/file/uJ5hQKzR#WVI-wM...CesuLIQk6klFVg , the file is missing. Does this mean that they found a problem with this firmware version and withdrew it?
MiGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 07:35 AM   #19
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Quote:
Originally Posted by noboyue View Post
Today I did try the update and it started out as described.
It downloaded the image and showed "Download firmware success". It then did a verify step which was not shown in the upgrade instructions and then it showed the "Reset Device Start".
But then the screen remained black.
After about 15 minutes I did a reset and tried to restore my backup but it seems that the device ID is gone.
The tool sees the likebook as adb device but I cannot switch to loader mode.
Whe I try to read the flash ID or Info I always get a "match device type failed" error.
I then tried to re-install the update.zip via SD card from a link tagged as "Likebook Mars T80D BYRead-V2.2.0-2020011014" which I found here in the forum, but it also failed.
The error message is: This package is for "T80D" devices; this is a ""

Is there a way to get the ID back into place and bring my reader back to life?
Some people on Boyue FB page were also complaining about bricked devices. Boyue suggested getting Rockchip tools from here
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 09:41 AM   #20
noboyue
noboyue began at the beginning.

Device: likebook Mars T80D
@ToasterRGB
Did you manage to get your T80D back to life?
Mine also has the black screen and if I connect it to the RKDevTool v2.58 the tool sees it with "Found One ADB Device".
I tried to switch to "Loader Mode" but it does not switch although the status window pretends so (see https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvqsl4uo4b...vTool.jpg?dl=0)
When I go into recovery menu mine says:
rockchip/rk3368/rk3368
8.1.0/OPM8.181205.001
It looks to me like it had updated at least something before it went black.
noboyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2020, 10:23 AM   #21
seby
seby began at the beginning.

Hello, I do have a Likebook Mars and I am debating if updating or not to Android 8. Pretty much the only two apps I use on my Mars are Moon Reader for books and Perfect Viewer for comics. I see that many users are complaining of errors or bricked reader during the upgrade process.
My question is, what would be the advantage of upgrading the reader? As far as I have read, there are no performance gains, nor real differences in the way the system behave. I keep my Mars always offline, and I side-load all my books/comics using an SD card, so I am not concerned about any security issue with Android 6. Why should upgrade it then?
Thanks
seby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 10:28 AM   #22
MiGP
MiGP began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars T80D
seby, it's your decision to update or not. I notice some improvement in the speed, of course if the System UI is not currently frozen.
However, you should probably wait for a while, because as far as I can see they removed the firmware image out of internet, probably there will be some amendments in it. I also plan to flash my device again because of the problems I'm experiencing, but I'll wait for more info about it.
MiGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:27 AM   #23
ajean4
ajean4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Firmware for Boyue Likebook Mars not found

Follow the instructions on the video.

Not able to locate the firmware anywhere on the web.

Please help
ajean4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:28 AM   #24
seby
seby began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiGP View Post
seby, it's your decision to update or not. I notice some improvement in the speed, of course if the System UI is not currently frozen.
However, you should probably wait for a while, because as far as I can see they removed the firmware image out of internet, probably there will be some amendments in it. I also plan to flash my device again because of the problems I'm experiencing, but I'll wait for more info about it.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I'll definitely wait before attempting any upgrade. Just in case though, do you know if there is any old firmware image (I mean, with Android 6) that I could download as a way to revert to the old system in case things go wrong?
Thanks
seby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:28 PM   #25
ilyats
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajean4 View Post
Follow the instructions on the video.

Not able to locate the firmware anywhere on the web.

Please help
Download the installation guide by the link in the Boyue's FB post, there is PDF file with instructions there, in it there are links for downloading
Old 08-26-2020, 12:33 PM   #26
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyats View Post
Download the installation guide by the link in the Boyue's FB post, there is PDF file with instructions there, in it there are links for downloading
No, this file was removed.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:51 PM   #27
noboyue

After several attempts I was able to get my T80D into the "Found One Loader Device" mode.
Then I could run the upload of the 1.1.3 output I got from waldy here in this forum and most of the partition images did load ok.
I did use the modified android tool from bernardo which does an error checking on the upload.
Alas, the kpanic.img partition failed with message "Not found offset of kpanic partition".
The same applies to the baseparameter and the radical_update partitions.
Now I have a likebook that shows the boot image with the bridge and the dot animation runs in a loop.
And the recovery menu also seems to be lost.
So far I did not manage to get into the recovery menu again.
Strangely the android tool now always goes into the "Found One Loader Device" when I connect it to my PC and press the power button for a few seconds.
So I am a small step further but still without a working likebook.
For reference here are my Flash and Chip info taken from the advanced function tab.
Flash ID - CS0: 45 4D 4D 43 20
Flash Info - Samsung, 14752MB 512kB Blocks 2kB Pages ECC Bits: 0
Chip Tag: 33 33 30 41
Chip Flag: -RK330A
Old 08-26-2020, 04:02 PM   #28
ilyats
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
No, this file was removed.
‏‏‏‏I attach this PDF to this message
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mars-Android 8.1 Upgrade Instruction-20200819 - ENG.pdf (354.2 KB, 395 views)

Last edited by ilyats; 08-26-2020 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:47 PM   #29
noboyue

Please read this thread.
It's not the PDF that's missing but the update software linked in the PDF has been removed.
Possibly because too many people had problems with the update.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:22 AM   #30
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: likebook mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by noboyue View Post
Please read this thread.
It's not the PDF that's missing but the update software linked in the PDF has been removed.
Possibly because too many people had problems with the update.
Boyue Likebook
@BoyueTechnology
Because of storage driver problem, original FW deleted wrongly, here is updated PDF instruction with reloaded FW: https://mega.nz/file/7dgW0YDY#-CYPix...Zkqoshq7qMHSko
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote