Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-25-2019, 01:48 AM   #76
yegon
Connoisseur
yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Can’t test that right now unfortunately, otherwise I’d do it.

Got a graphite LTE, arrived yesterday. Nice upgrade from my WiFi Oasis 1.

My last cellular was a Paperwhite before my Oasis 1, and I’ve discovered over time I really miss the functionality. It’ll be great at work (no WiFi) where I often put down the Kindle and go elsewhere for lengths of time. It’s a frequent annoyance when I get an opportunity to read on my phone, sans Kindle, and I’ve forgotten my progress.

Probably would have stuck with my Oasis 1 for a while longer had it been cellular, but the upgrades are nice nonetheless, bigger screen, water resistance, invert colours/warm screen option.

I’ll be keeping my Oasis 1 around.

Last edited by yegon; 07-25-2019 at 01:55 AM.
yegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 02:13 AM   #77
avivs
avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I'll get mine this Saturday. A friend picked it up in London from a locker the day of the release- it came one day earlier than expected.

In the US I think someone messed something up. No way it's sold out for those tho ordered it when it was announced.
avivs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2019, 02:37 AM   #78
ArthurianLegends
Connoisseur
ArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Touch (4rth Gen)
I'm getting mine Aug 1st, but I requested delayed shipping, until I'm well settled in from my overseas trip and I don't mind the wait at all, as I have a Voyage that goes with me everywhere.

Still, I am excited as this is my first Oasis ever, and will be a major upgrade for me in terms of larger screen, waterproofing, audible integration, and the lighting, among other things.
ArthurianLegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 02:44 AM   #79
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
If I order it withing 14 hrs I can get on Sat.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 05:14 AM   #80
Pyjam
Zealot
Pyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kindle Voyage
The night mode is incredible. It does not appear amber unless you push it to the max. It appears white to the eye but less bright. Perfect!
Pyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2019, 05:41 AM   #81
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyjam View Post
The night mode is incredible. It does not appear amber unless you push it to the max. It appears white to the eye but less bright. Perfect!
It really does make quite a difference in the eyes, doesn’t it. I can feel my eyes luxuriating in the warmth. A nice change from that cool blue. It’s even better than the night mode on my original o2.
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:37 AM   #82
Pyjam
Zealot
Pyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kindle Voyage
Oh yes. My Voyage looks so blue in comparison.
Pyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:41 AM   #83
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Trying to decide if the champagne gold is a worthy upgrade to the basic version
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:42 AM   #84
avivs
avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyjam View Post
For years I wanted this feature. Some people don't see the big deal, but as someone who's a night reader, I just know it will be a game changer for me.

Will get mine on Saturday!
Old 07-25-2019, 08:43 AM   #85
avivs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
Trying to decide if the champagne gold is a worthy upgrade to the basic version
I never understood the appeal.
It's not even visible from the front.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:58 AM   #86
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
My 4G graphite Oasis 3 (upgrade to Oasis 1) arrived yesterday and fits nicely into the posh Amazon distressed leather case that arrived on Sunday. First impression - it is an expensive upgrade; lasting impression - it's a gorgeous device.
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:30 AM   #87
Tokei
Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tokei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by yegon View Post
Can’t test that right now unfortunately, otherwise I’d do it.
Thanks Yegon, if you have a chance later it would be nice if you could check.
Tokei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:13 PM   #88
cats2books
Enthusiast
cats2books doesn't littercats2books doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 11, iPad Pro 12.9 and 9.7
I ordered the WiFi 8 GB version. It’s an upgrade from my Oasis 1. It seemed like a good deal with the trade in and 25% off offer. My Oasis 1 seems to need to be charged often and the page turns could be faster. I think that the new Oasis should be better in that regard. However, I hope that it doesn’t feel too heavy to hold for long periods. I’m used to the lightness of the Oasis 1. That was the best feature of the old device.

My delivery date is estimated at August 6 - 7, I ordered it July 24th. Unfortunately, I’m supposed to ship out my trade in by August 7. So I don’t think I will be able to compare using the new one to the old one.
cats2books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 04:04 PM   #89
Matches Malone
Connoisseur
Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PW2, Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats2books View Post
I ordered the WiFi 8 GB version. It’s an upgrade from my Oasis 1. It seemed like a good deal with the trade in and 25% off offer. My Oasis 1 seems to need to be charged often and the page turns could be faster. I think that the new Oasis should be better in that regard. However, I hope that it doesn’t feel too heavy to hold for long periods. I’m used to the lightness of the Oasis 1. That was the best feature of the old device.

My delivery date is estimated at August 6 - 7, I ordered it July 24th. Unfortunately, I’m supposed to ship out my trade in by August 7. So I don’t think I will be able to compare using the new one to the old one.
If you ordered the wifi 8gb with special offers you can have it delivered on Monday. Click on your orders and click change shipping. Choose the free shipping option and save/update. Now it will say arriving Monday.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 04:39 PM   #90
heyman
Connoisseur
heyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it is

Device: sony
faster page turning than the 2??
heyman is offline   Reply With Quote