Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-27-2019, 01:14 AM   #376
C6REW
Connoisseur
C6REW has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis 1
Interesting thought Duckie and Sirtel,

That's a shame, it is only $20 trade in as far as I can see in the US. Would cost me more than that to send to a friend who has just moved out.

Chris
C6REW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 08:08 AM   #377
C6REW
Connoisseur

Spoke to household insurance and unfortunately there is a £100 excess and insurance is likely to go up. So will put this down to experience!
Advert
Old 12-30-2019, 01:32 PM   #378
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
Quote:
So who is getting the new Oasis 3?"

Can't foresake koreader, so when/if a jb becomes possible.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:41 PM   #379
Lparsons21
Zealot
Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 4
I had gotten the 2017 Oasis when it was on sale. Liked it but found I really did want the orangey night mode that the Oasis 3 has.
So I ordered the Oasis 3 yesterday, used my original Voyage as trade-in for $50 plus got 25% off the Oasis. Very good deal IMO.

I will send back the 2017 Oasis as it is within the return windows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Lparsons21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:49 PM   #380
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
I just received my oasis 3 today. Traded in and also used the 25% off. Wanted to try the warm light and always wanted the cell version so pulled the trigger. Loading it up!
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2019, 11:58 PM   #381
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'll say, the last kindle where the cellular version might have been worth the extra $$$ was the Kindle Keyboard, after that they crippled the 3g to only allow downloading (some) ebooks from amazon and wikipedia.
And in these days of cell phone plans with hotspot...
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:40 AM   #382
C6REW
Connoisseur

My Oasis 3 turned up 4 days ago and love it.

Have already read 3 books.

The one thing the original Oasis did which was annoying, is that when you turned it on, the light was on full for a second or so. Not that good when you turn it on in the middle of the night to read!

Whilst I have little interest in downloading an audiobook, I ordered the 32GB version, which gives me more flexibility in the future. I do listen to books and podcasts, but mainly via the BBC Sounds app and some on Spotify. Both via my android phone or android tablet.

Chris
Old 12-31-2019, 04:09 PM   #383
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
I'll say, the last kindle where the cellular version might have been worth the extra $$$ was the Kindle Keyboard, after that they crippled the 3g to only allow downloading (some) ebooks from amazon and wikipedia.
And in these days of cell phone plans with hotspot...
Good point, but with trade-in and discount in came for under $200 (209 with tax) so I am happy

Last edited by TheSmitty; 12-31-2019 at 04:11 PM.
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:47 PM   #384
Desdinova
Eternal light
Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, Touch, H2O - now Aura One and Kindle Oasis 3
Had my first Kindle in a long while when my wife got me an Oasis 3 to replace a died Aura One - although the Aura One has just performed a Christmas Miracle and come back to life. Gotta admit I like Kindle Unlimited tho!
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:23 AM   #385
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Have to say I'm tempted by an Oasis 3, but am slightly concerned about the battery life. I have a PW4 with battery in perfect working order, so battery life is still very good. I don't want to spend so much on a device if it doesn't last as long between charges. I know it's always a difficult question, but roughly how long would I get from an Oasis 3 if I read 1-2hrs a day, light at 11 with warm feature off, airplane mode on, Bluetooth off? That's basically what I do with my PW4, and I'd be interested in any comparison.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 07:32 AM   #386
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
Have to say I'm tempted by an Oasis 3, but am slightly concerned about the battery life. I have a PW4 with battery in perfect working order, so battery life is still very good. I don't want to spend so much on a device if it doesn't last as long between charges. I know it's always a difficult question, but roughly how long would I get from an Oasis 3 if I read 1-2hrs a day, light at 11 with warm feature off, airplane mode on, Bluetooth off? That's basically what I do with my PW4, and I'd be interested in any comparison.
I'm not exactly sure, but I would guess I lose about 8-9% when I read for 2 hours with everything turned on/off as you said.

My Voyage would lose about 6-7% in that same time period, so the Oasis 3 is slightly worse, but not that much I would say.

Last edited by SusanReads; 01-02-2020 at 07:34 AM.
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:49 AM   #387
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
I've been monitoring the battery life of my Oasis and it seems like it's going down slower when it's fully charged.

Like 5% in two hours.

It's most definitely not as bad as I thought before I ever bought it.
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote