Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-04-2020, 03:50 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Sending via Calibre

Is there a way to take a book purchased from Amazon, and download it into Calibre, and email it back to Amazon as the .azw3 version so it is catagorized as a "book" but is sent so that the titles are formatted in the Kindle like I like:

{series}{series_index:0>5.2f| [|] }{title}

I would like to do this so that the book is still a "book' in Amazon, and includes the title arrangement, and features of the .azw3 and can be used in the cloud collections.

Currently, I am emailing the .mobi versions but I would very much like them to be the .azw3 versions.

Any suggestions?

Also, the firmware updates have too many badges on the covers. Could you all fix it so that badges are optional?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:49 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Is there a way to take a book purchased from Amazon, and download it into Calibre, and email it back to Amazon as the .azw3 version so it is catagorized as a "book" but is sent so that the titles are formatted in the Kindle like I like:

{series}{series_index:0>5.2f| [|] }{title}

I would like to do this so that the book is still a "book' in Amazon, and includes the title arrangement, and features of the .azw3 and can be used in the cloud collections.

Currently, I am emailing the .mobi versions but I would very much like them to be the .azw3 versions.

Any suggestions?

Also, the firmware updates have too many badges on the covers. Could you all fix it so that badges are optional?
Anything sent via email will never be a "book", but always a "personal document". If you want a book, you'll have to transfer the book via USB, but then you'll lose the syncing and cloud collections. In short, as far as I know, you can't have both of those things.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert