Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #61
fishcube
Connoisseur
fishcube began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5
Does the M-edge 2 light work with this cover?
fishcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #62
artsci
artsci
artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle and Kindle 2
Based on what I know about the M-Edge 2, no, at least not without modifications.
artsci is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #63
ashash
ashash began at the beginning.

Device: k-2 have one
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
From the Amazon Forums

Not my style but there seems to be quite a few folks who like them.

8 Leather Kindle covers from Oberon Designs. Pricey at $75 each.

Pics of a cover in use from the Kindleboards site.

Edit: Fixed the link to the picture of the cover in use.
wow!
thats a little pricey dont you think?
ashash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #64
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
after the money we have already spent on the readers, that is not that daunting
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:29 AM   #65
hodad66
Beachside Member
hodad66 doesn't litterhodad66 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3
pricey but beautiful.......
hodad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #66
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
My wife bought me the Roof of Heaven Oberon Kindle 2 Cover (w/straps) for our 37th wedding anniversary. I can't wait until it arrives! The hardest decision for me was whether I wanted blue or purple. I decided to go with the blue, since the accompanying text in Camille Flammarion's 1888 book L'atmosphère: météorologie populaire where the anonymous wood engraving makes it's first definite appearance reads in part, "What, then, is this blue sky, which certainly does exist, and which veils from us the stars during the day?"

WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #67
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Congratulations on your new cover and more importantly on 37 years of marriage!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #68
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
My wife bought me the Roof of Heaven Oberon Kindle 2 Cover (w/straps) for our 37th wedding anniversary. I can't wait until it arrives! The hardest decision for me was whether I wanted blue or purple. I decided to go with the blue, since the accompanying text in Camille Flammarion's 1888 book L'atmosphère: météorologie populaire where the anonymous wood engraving makes it's first definite appearance reads in part, "What, then, is this blue sky, which certainly does exist, and which veils from us the stars during the day?"

that's the one I have!!!!!! you'll love it!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #69
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Congratulations on your new cover and more importantly on 37 years of marriage!
Well, thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
that's the one I have!!!!!! you'll love it!
Did you get the blue or the purple? I've got to admit, even though they didn't post a picture of the purple one on their site, I photo-shopped the picture of the blue to make it match the purple in some of their other photos and it was gorgeous! It really was a difficult decision.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:50 AM   #70
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
I was really tempted to get the purple but went with the blue... I figured it was best for the heaven/sky theme
Old 11-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #71
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I have purple! It is very nice.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #72
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
I'm sorta' jealous! Wish I could afford to buy a second one! Do you have a picture of it?
Old 11-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #73
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Have anyone tried to fit a Kindle in a silicone cover into an Oberon cover?

I could just fit in my Sony in a silicone cover into an M-Edge cover, so I thought it might work with these as well... Not that it's a huge deal, it would just be nice. I'd really like to put a dark blue 'raven' cover on my Christmas wish list

Last edited by Ea; 11-28-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #74
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I haven't but I do have both. I think that it would probably work since the retaining straps are leather. I think the reason it would work is that the leather could stretch just enough to accomadate the extra width of the silicone. having done that though I think that you would always have to use the silicone case inside it, that the leather would be stretched too far to keep it secure without having that extra cover on
Old 11-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #75
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Here's the blue with the (same picture photoshopped by me to look) purple Roof of Heaven K2 cover. Did I get the color right on the purple?