Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #31
kiriakou
kiriakou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I would get an oberon if they offered the hinge system. I think the corners are ugly.
kiriakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #32
pippin65
Enthusiast
pippin65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
decided to cancel my oberon order... I am impressed with the standard cover from amz and love the attachment system.
pippin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #33
artsci
artsci
artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle and Kindle 2
As I noted on my post on the Leonardo cover I made, unless Amazon is not making the new hinge attachment on its Kindle 2 cover available to aftermarket manufacturers, there's no reason for any of those manufacturers to use other mounting solutions. Amazon's hinge attachment is simple, reliable, and aesthetically far more pleasing than Velcro and the standard corner pieces. The new hinge attachment, which was designed specifically to work with the Kindle 2, is a brilliant solution, very easy to use, and it works. Why settle for anything less?
artsci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #34
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
It looks like M-edge's new Prodigy covers will be using the new K2 hinge attachment system. http://www.buymedge.com/p_products.html
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #35
Buttercup
Buttercup began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Hinge or no hinge I am still in love with my Oberon. Of course, I have an original Kindle but I think that even if I had a K2 I'd have an Oberon. I've already got my eye on another design but can't justify having 2 covers for one Kindle. The workmanship is just incredible and the leather feels so good in the hand.
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #36
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
Hinge or no hinge I am still in love with my Oberon. Of course, I have an original Kindle but I think that even if I had a K2 I'd have an Oberon. I've already got my eye on another design but can't justify having 2 covers for one Kindle. The workmanship is just incredible and the leather feels so good in the hand.
Haha! That's why I am getting a journal cover AND a calendar cover as well. My desk will be full of wonderfullness!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #37
marychelle
marychelle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
My husband got me a Celtic Oak (with corners) for Valentines Day. I love it. I get more comments on the cover than the Kindle!
marychelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #38
DebraSeattleGrrl
DebraSeattleGrrl doesn't litterDebraSeattleGrrl doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
From the Amazon Forums

Not my style but there seems to be quite a few folks who like them.

8 Leather Kindle covers from Oberon Designs. Pricey at $75 each.

Pics of a cover in use from the Kindleboards site.

Edit: Fixed the link to the picture of the cover in use.
These are gorgeous
DebraSeattleGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:41 PM   #39
vbtwo31984
vbtwo31984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Yay! My cover has been shipped and according to UPS should arrive next Thursday.
vbtwo31984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:14 PM   #40
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Mine's shipped, too but I'm torn because of the DMCA dust up I'm seriously considering returning my Kindle 2.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #41
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Mine's shipped, too but I'm torn because of the DMCA dust up I'm seriously considering returning my Kindle 2.
huh!? I've been out of the loop! What?
Old 03-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #42
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
huh!? I've been out of the loop! What?
It'll take a while to read it all...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41929
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #43
krisk
Wizard

I found that thread shortly after I asked. I glanced through and think I have the gist of it. Maybe.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #44
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
My cover arrived yesterday and it's beautiful. I ordered the Saddle "Roof of Heaven". Almost ordered the purple but I really like the saddle.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:18 AM   #45
kyliedork
Connoisseur
kyliedork doesn't litterkyliedork doesn't litter

I got mine 2 days ago & i'm very happy. Its amazing what a new dress will do
kyliedork is offline   Reply With Quote