Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-25-2019, 07:49 PM   #1
Sir Loyne
Connoisseur
Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Aura One
Aura One Not Downloading Pocket Articles

I haven't saved anything to Pocket for quite a while, so I can't say how long it's been like this. I'm running the latest firmware on both my Aura One and Glo HD. I added an article to Pocket yesterday and tried to sync, but neither one will download the article. I tried again this morning, just in case it needed more time. No such luck. Is anyone else noticing this? Is it this firmware only? I really don't want to keep going back through firmwares one at a time just to find one that works only to have the reader update as soon as I turn the WiFi on.
Sir Loyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:34 AM   #2
Tacty
Zealot
Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One/Kobo Touch/iPad3
synced pocket articles today without problems...
Tacty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2019, 12:20 PM   #3
Sir Loyne
Connoisseur
Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Aura One
In the past I've saved Wikipedia entries to my Pocket and was able to download them to my Kobo. I still have a couple in my articles. I wanted to add another one and neither reader would add it to my list. I tried adding something from a different site, and that went without a problem. I tried a different Wikipedia page, and that worked also. Curious. Then I noticed the address was different for the one that worked and the one that didn't.

The one that worked is... https://en.wikipedia.org
The one that didn't is... https://en.m.wikipedia.org

I added the entry that wouldn't load from my tablet. The ".m" might stand for mobile.

Last edited by Sir Loyne; 04-26-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Sir Loyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:29 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Yep, the .m is the mobile version of the site. Not sure if that specifically causes problems, but usually Pocket not sending articles to a Kobo device is related to how it sees the article: if it sees it as an article all is good, if it doesn't then not so much. Should be a few threads describing the details if you search.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:48 PM   #5
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
I noted recently on my Kobo Clara HD that if, as Robko says, Pocket can strip out and format a bare-bones article from the mess of a webpage, the transfer goes well to the Kobo, but if it can't -- if Pocket can only offer the article in the original webpage view -- it doesn't transfer AT ALL. In contrast, the Pocket iOS app will fallback to synching the webpage view if it can't extract only an article to synch instead.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert