Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-04-2019, 07:41 AM   #1
joandr
Enthusiast
joandr began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars, Onyx Boox Nova, EnergyReader ProHD (Boyue)
Onyx Boox Nova discontinued (Good e-Reader April 2) ?

My question is in the title "Onyx Boox Nova is discontinued" says "Good e-Reader" April 2. Have you heard something about that ? If true it is unbelievable and unpleasant. The Nova (not the Pro model) is marketed since few months only, not very encouraging for his customers if true.
joandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:02 AM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
My guess is that the rumour is probably true as they seem to have been out of stock in some places for a while. For example, the ereader.store in Germany no longer lists the device on their site.

It's not all that surprising really. I can't imagine that there would be much demand for the Nova now that the Nova Pro is on the market.

That said, hopefully, they will continue to support the Nova with updates. I imagine that this will not be so difficult since the Pro and the Nova are virtually the same except for the added stylus to the Pro. If they don't continue to support the Nova, that would be very disappointing.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2019, 10:14 AM   #3
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
If Onyx provides a 2.1 firmware update for the Nova, that will be an encouraging sign. Onyx has had a reputation for abandoning updates for some of their devices after a time.

The Nova has not had an update since December, while the Likebook Plus has had updates since then. We shall see!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:56 AM   #4
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
We should have at least 2.1.

If i change the language to chinese (then i watch my nova through my smartphone with on the fly camera chinese google translation )

i see that we can download a V2.1 2019-03-26_00-51_2.1_4a35ae8
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:28 PM   #5
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
We should have at least 2.1.

If i change the language to chinese (then i watch my nova through my smartphone with on the fly camera chinese google translation )

i see that we can download a V2.1 2019-03-26_00-51_2.1_4a35ae8
That sounds very promising. I just wish my original Max could be updated to the 2.1 FW. I'm very much liking it on my Nova Pro. However, I somehow suspect it will never make it onto the Max1.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert