Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-27-2019, 09:23 PM   #1
Nukjoc
Nukjoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Go to Specific Row Number in Library?

Is there a way to jump to a specific row number in a library? I'm editing metadata in a large library and, for example, when the library opens with Row 1 at the top, would like to get directly to Row 7348 to pick up where I left off in the previous editing session. If there's a shortcut for this, I haven't found it yet....
Nukjoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End are the only shortcuts I know of.
OTOH
sort (descending) on Last_Modified should get that record near the top.
Row numbers are fairly meaningless as sorts reorder things
last_modified is the date ANY metadata for that record changed

or search
Code:
last_modified:<=today
You can replace today with a date or other date term as mentioned in the online help for searching
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2019, 10:02 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You could add a custom yes/no column (#metaedited/MetaEdited), select the books up to 7348 and Set MetaEdited to Yes. Define a virtual library (2B Metaedited) with search term not #metaedited:true.

Then, as you edit the metadata you would set the MetaEdited column to Yes.

There are too many coincidental ways in which date modified gets updated, eg if you correct a misspelt Tag all books with that Tag get their date modified reset. I have a Last Changed custom column that I set, usually by entering '=' which sets it to 'Now'. If I correct a misspelt Tag my Last Changed date stays as is.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:28 PM   #4
Nukjoc
Nukjoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Smile Thanks

Thanks for the ideas! BetterRed, I'll give that a try.
Nukjoc is offline   Reply With Quote