Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Postage cost for service

I read the EU rules for lack of conformity and according to these rules the shop should pay the costs like postage cost. Have anybody managed to get Bookeen to pay postage cost? I got the RMA email from them telling me to send the unit to them and saying I could choose how I sent it but no mentuion that they will pay the postage cost.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:50 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
As I understand it, you pay to send the machine back to Bookeen; they pay to return it to you. Seems like a reasonable division of costs.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2008, 05:07 AM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
As I understand it, you pay to send the machine back to Bookeen; they pay to return it to you. Seems like a reasonable division of costs.
That seems to be what Bookeen assumes but it is still not according to the EU rules about conformity. So what I wondered was if anybody had succeeded to get them to respect these rules. I wanted to refer to that in that case when I ask them for postage cost.

Other companies handle this in one of two ways. Either they send you a box that you just uses without cost. Or you pay the postage cost and then when they have decided that the fault is according to the WU rules they pay you back the money for postage. That is standard procedures.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:25 AM   #4
elena
Connoisseur
elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I read the EU rules for lack of conformity and according to these rules the shop should pay the costs like postage cost. Have anybody managed to get Bookeen to pay postage cost? I got the RMA email from them telling me to send the unit to them and saying I could choose how I sent it but no mentuion that they will pay the postage cost.
I did not pay but I dealt with a reseller, not directly with Bookeen
elena is offline   Reply With Quote