Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 01-03-2005, 11:13 PM   #1
cyberdoc
cyberdoc began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T|3
Question Sunrise 0.40-pre5 SDL list on desktop

I just installed the 0.40-pre5 version with the HotSync conduit enabled. I'm using Firefox with the Sunrise extension and have a Tungsten T|3.
When I tried to add the Sunrise News webpage, it showed in the bottom half of the Sunrise Desktop as updating, but then did not get added to my SDL list in the top half of the window. After the Hotsync, this webpage is showing on my T|3, but does not appear in the desktop SDL list.

Also, is there a benefit of having more than one SDL lists in the Desktop version. I used to have all my webpages in it, but then moved the ones which are static and don't need updating to another list which I don't update.

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:00 AM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
This is by design. Pages sent from the browser are treated as Quick Documents. To make a "permanent" document in an SDL, you have to create it manually using the "New Item Wizard" or the "New Document" command.
Advert
Old 01-11-2005, 02:45 PM   #3
cyberdoc
cyberdoc began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T|3
Thank you for the prompt reply. If I understand correctly, Quick Documents are for one-time reading only... if I use the Firefox extension, will they then be loaded for the next hotsync. Afterwards, do I just delete them from the Plucker interface on the Palm, since there is no reference to them being loaded in the desktop interface. Also is it possible to have the Firefox extension create permanent documents?
I also wanted to comment that Sunrise is an excellent project and I've been recommending it to friends like crazy.
Thanks.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:01 PM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdoc
Thank you for the prompt reply. If I understand correctly, Quick Documents are for one-time reading only... if I use the Firefox extension, will they then be loaded for the next hotsync. Afterwards, do I just delete them from the Plucker interface on the Palm, since there is no reference to them being loaded in the desktop interface.
Quick Documents are temporary and meant for one-time conversion. Although the Quick Document definition is "lost" after you remove it from the Update panel, you can keep the Plucker document for as long as you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdoc
Also is it possible to have the Firefox extension create permanent documents?
Not directly. The browser extensions always create a Quick Document, which is converted immediately. You can, however, drag the Quick Document from the bottom panel to the top panel. This adds it to the active SDL.

Last edited by Laurens; 01-11-2005 at 03:03 PM.