Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-01-2018, 06:52 PM   #136
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Guess what day my Prime payment for the year is scheduled - June 16th!

Can somebody who has a renewal date later than June 16th check and see what your payment is supposed to be? Mine says it's still $99, so I'm wondering if the new amount is showing up.
Mine says...
Quote:
Next Payment:
On November 19, 2018, you will be charged $99.00 for a year of Prime.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:00 PM   #137
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Mine says...
Thanks. I guess they haven't updated the price yet.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2018, 07:16 PM   #138
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Guess what day my Prime payment for the year is scheduled - June 16th!

Can somebody who has a renewal date later than June 16th check and see what your payment is supposed to be? Mine says it's still $99, so I'm wondering if the new amount is showing up.
Mine is in December and I'm still showing $99.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:14 PM   #139
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Mine is February of 2019 and also shows $99.00.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:36 AM   #140
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Mine is in December and I'm still showing $99.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Mine is February of 2019 and also shows $99.00.
Apache
Thanks.
Advert
Old 05-02-2018, 02:10 PM   #141
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
I just renewed, so my next renewal at March 2019 is still $99. I'm sure that number will change when the new rate kicks in. I should see how far in advance we can prepay.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:04 PM   #142
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
I just renewed, so my next renewal at March 2019 is still $99. I'm sure that number will change when the new rate kicks in. I should see how far in advance we can prepay.
According to what I've read, you can't actually prepay beyond one current annual subscription. To 'prepay' more than that, you have to buy gift subscriptions, which you can then apply to your own account the day your currently one expires.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:12 PM   #143
Apparition B5
Zealot
Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 and iPad Air 5
Is it just me, or did Amazon recently remove the "Recommendations for You" section? Up until a few days ago, I could go to "Your Recommendations," and then "Recommendations for You" to see recommendations, with tabs of "All," "New," and "Coming Soon." Now it's not there.

I used the "Coming Soon" recommendations tab to find out about new eBook releases, grr.

Edit: It's not entirely gone, but it does seem to be hidden. I was able to go to it directly, but there no longer seems to be a link to it from anywhere on Amazon.

Last edited by Apparition B5; 05-02-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Apparition B5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:24 PM   #144
Apparition B5
Zealot
Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 and iPad Air 5
Disregard. The "Recommendations for You" mysteriously returned last night. Odd. A hiccup, I suppose.
Apparition B5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:46 PM   #145
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
If Amazon screws up one more order before my renewal in December, it's adios to Prime.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #146
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
If Amazon screws up one more order before my renewal in December, it's adios to Prime.
I've always been a staunch defender of Amazon's service, but my two-day Prime shipping service has absolutely tanked since I last sang its praises in this thread. I mean tanked. Unacceptable delivery estimates; missing those same delivery estimates (an average of 5-6 days on Prime eligible orders fulfilled by Amazon); lost packages; packages that were delivered (late), but still show in my account as undelivered; unavailable tracking info, etc... .

In-stock, Prime eligible items (fulfilled by Amazon) that used to always ship the same day (or the next at the very latest) are now taking 2-3 days to even start shipping. And even then, they're not hitting their 2-days-after-it-ships mark. It's like someone threw a switch from excellent to garbage.

In their defense: my complaining about these issues has garnered me two free months of Prime (renewal date extended from June to August), $25 in promotional credit, and a full refund on an order that was delivered 3-days late, but still... I was used to an excellent level of service at $99. This current level of service isn't worth that, let alone $119.

I watch a lot of Prime Video, so I'm still getting some benefit, but if the shipping "benefit" doesn't show marked improvement by my August Prime renewal date, I'll have to seriously consider letting my membership lapse.

What's hilarious is their claim that my address qualifies for Prime "Free One-Day Delivery" on items marked as eligible. I do a lot of Amazon browsing, and I've yet to come across a single product that qualifies for One Day Free Shipping.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-18-2018 at 08:23 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:12 AM   #147
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I've always been a staunch defender of Amazon's service, but my two-day Prime shipping service has absolutely tanked since I last sang its praises in this thread. I mean tanked. Unacceptable delivery estimates; missing those same delivery estimates (an average of 5-6 days on Prime eligible orders fulfilled by Amazon); lost packages; packages that were delivered (late), but still show in my account as undelivered; unavailable tracking info, etc... .

In-stock, Prime eligible items (fulfilled by Amazon) that used to always ship the same day (or the next at the very latest) are now taking 2-3 days to even start shipping. And even then, they're not hitting their 2-days-after-it-ships mark. It's like someone threw a switch from excellent to garbage.

In their defense: my complaining about these issues has garnered me two free months of Prime (renewal date extended from June to August), $25 in promotional credit, and a full refund on an order that was delivered 3-days late, but still... I was used to an excellent level of service at $99. This current level of service isn't worth that, let alone $119.

I watch a lot of Prime Video, so I'm still getting some benefit, but if the shipping "benefit" doesn't show marked improvement by my August Prime renewal date, I'll have to seriously consider letting my membership lapse.

What's hilarious is their claim that my address qualifies for Prime "Free One-Day Delivery" on items marked as eligible. I do a lot of Amazon browsing, and I've yet to come across a single product that qualifies for One Day Free Shipping.
I think the one day delivery depends a lot on what is at the Amazon warehouse in your area. I've gotten a surprising (to me, at least) number of same day deliveries over the past 6 months, of course, I also live in Atlanta.

Looking at my orders for this year (and I do order a lot), a number of items were one day late (same day showing up the next day, or two day taking three days) but I guess I've gotten so use to it, I take it into account when I order and have stopped noticing it.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #148
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:

My experience hasn't been quite as bad as yours sounds, but I think "Amazon Logistics" has really screwed up Amazon's...um...logistics.
That division needs to shape up, or Amazon needs to go back to relying on other carriers. I think AL folks steal stuff.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:21 AM   #149
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
My experience hasn't been quite as bad as yours sounds, but I think "Amazon Logistics" has really screwed up Amazon's...um...logistics.
That division needs to shape up, or Amazon needs to go back to relying on other carriers.
Agreed. It's like something went very wrong at the fulfillment centers that service my area. And it went wrong all at once. I mean, my ordering habits haven't changed. I only order Prime-eligible stuff that shows as in-stock and delivered by Amazon. I don't order things that third-parties have to ship. It says Prime and Fulfilled by Amazon or I don't buy it.

Something has gone badly wrong with the algorithms they use to keep the fulfillment centers stocked with the items that locals are buying. I live in a fairly rural area, but I've got two fulfillment centers near me. One is under two hours (driving time) from me, and the other is about a four hour drive.

I got very used to orders being on my doorstep in two days from the order date. Like clockwork (with an occasional 3-day-er). Now, for the past month and-a-half to two months, all of my orders are taking 5 days to a week from the order date. Like clockwork.

That's not a difference I'm willing to "get used to." You (the Amazon customer service rep) may be right that you only guarantee two-days AFTER it ships, but that doesn't acknowledge the fact that you suddenly went from taking zero days to ship (consistently) to taking three to four days to ship.

I don't care about the semantics. I only care that all of my orders are suddenly taking three to four days longer to get to me than they were before (for many years).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-18-2018 at 10:25 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:36 AM   #150
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Agreed. It's like something went very wrong at the fulfillment centers that service my area. And it went wrong all at once. I mean, my ordering habits haven't changed. I only order Prime-eligible stuff that shows as in-stock and delivered by Amazon. I don't order things that third-parties have to ship. It says Prime and Fulfilled by Amazon or I don't buy it.

Something has gone badly wrong with the algorithms they use to keep the fulfillment centers stocked with the items that locals are buying. I live in a fairly rural area, but I've got two fulfillment centers near me. One is under two hours (driving time) from me, and the other is about a four hour drive.

I got very used to orders being on my doorstep in two days from the order date. Like clockwork (with an occasional 3-day-er). Now, for the past month and-a-half to two months, all of my orders are taking 5 days to a week from the order date. Like clockwork.

That's not a difference I'm willing to "get used to." You (the Amazon customer service rep) may be right that you only guarantee two-days AFTER it ships, but that doesn't acknowledge the fact that you suddenly went from taking zero days to ship (consistently) to taking three to four days to ship.

I don't care about the semantics. I only care that all of my orders are suddenly taking three to four days longer to get to me than they were before (for many years).
It's not supposed to be two days after shipping, it's supposed to be two days from the order date. When I order there is always a guaranteed delivery date on the order page before I tap "place order". If it's not there I don't order.