Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-03-2018, 04:07 AM   #1
balubeto
balubeto began at the beginning.

Device: none
pdf conversion questions

Hi

I installed Calibre 3.18 64 bit on Windows 7 SP1.

I should convert some books from azw3 or epub format to pdf format.

I have two questions:

1) How do I keep the link clickable?

2) How do I numerate the pages so that I can decide which is the first page? By chance, is it also possible to enter the Roman numbering so that Roman numbers can be inserted in the first pages, and then the Arabic numbers?

Thanks

Bye

Last edited by balubeto; 03-03-2018 at 04:11 AM.
balubeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:32 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
links remain clickable automatically and you can write arbitrary javascript code to output page numbers https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/con...verting-to-pdf
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2018, 01:47 PM   #3
balubeto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
links remain clickable automatically and you can write arbitrary javascript code to output page numbers https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/con...verting-to-pdf
In the scripts listed in that document, I did not find a script that first inserts the Roman numbers and then, from a specific page, enters the Arabic numbers. So how do I create this script?

Thanks

Bye

Last edited by balubeto; 03-05-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:32 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Use an if statement to condition the output. I'm afraid I dont have the time to write the script for you.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:18 AM   #5
balubeto

Quote:
Use an if statement to condition the output. I'm afraid I dont have the time to write the script for you.
Could anyone do this script?

Thanks

Bye
Advert
Old 04-06-2018, 10:31 AM   #6
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Quote:
Can the script be multiline and include variable declarations?

I'm thinking that your example can take care of the Arabic numerals, (using _PAGENUM_ - N, where N is the number of Roman pages), and then the Roman numerals could use a simple array of text elements predefined for the max no. needed. This is usually a small number and would be easier than writing a full conversion.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yes it is an arbitrary JS script.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:25 PM   #8
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
This works in a web browser so may work as a template for calibre.

You need to extend the ronu list as far as needed, and set romp to the number of roman numeral pages at the start of the book.

Code:
<p id="pagenum" style="text-align:center;"></p>
<script>
  var ronu = [ "-", "i", "ii", "iii", "iv", "v", "vi", "vii", "viii" ]
  var valu = ""
  var romp = 6
  if (_PAGENUM_ > romp)
    valu = _PAGENUM_ - romp
  else
    valu = ronu[_PAGENUM_]
document.getElementById("pagenum").innerHTML = valu
</script>
If you make ronu as big as you think you'll ever need, (e.g. 20 roman numerals), then you just need to change romp for each book.

Last edited by Agama; 04-06-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote