Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-21-2018, 12:47 PM   #16
sjfan
Addict
sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I understand that you are more confident with the Booxtor's shop, but could you explain to me your sentence 'apples to oranges' ?
To add to Question Mark's answer, this thread suggests that the closest Italian equivalent is the English idiom “compare apples and oranges” are the somewhat uncommon “confondere le mele con le pere” and it's vaguely similar to “mischiare il dolce col salato.”

There's more discussion at that link, much of it in Italian.

The connotation is that the two things being discussed are categorically different, and so you can't actually compare them in a meaningful sense. E.g. you can have a meaningful discussion about Bach vs. Mozart, but comparing Bach with Shakespeare is apples and oranges.
sjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #17
gumalcan
Enthusiast
gumalcan began at the beginning.

Device: M92, T68ML
@Drew22 how to ask for the order cancel? There is no link. I can just send a mail from their website. They never answer, so in case i cancel i will never have the confirm of the mentioned cancel. Also, they declare 14 days for the reimbursement, which is a lot of time - and since they don't respect other timings (not for delivery, not for mails and so on) how could i be confident they would respect it for a reimbursement? By the way i also bought always from Booxtor. Well, 2 devices at least. I was never really happy, but things worked at the end so i remained in his shop. But this is the last time. I have experience in customer care and i know this behaviour is professionally unacceptable, whatever the reason is. If you are lacking cooperators you hire them. If you are experiencing tremendous delivery problems you inform the customer through your home page. And you ALWAYS answer at customer's emails.

As now, no e-mails answered, no information given on the delay. A useless tracking bar always similar on my account on their site. That's all. I am really unhappy. I deal with the customers every day. If you have some delays, you have to explain the reasons to keep them informed and reassured. To leave customers without info has no excuses.

@Randy No. Their terms to inform about a delay are ALL expired.
As an example:
Quote:
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT TO HEAR FROM EREADER.STORE? Shipment, VAT/duties/fees questions: About one 3-5 days
Well i sent a mail the 13.th, another the 14th.th a third one around the 18th... did I get an answer? NO. Today is the 21th. No answer. And guess what? I am confident, i will not get an answer not even the next week.

Quote:
HAVE YOU NOT RECEIVED YOUR ORDER YET?
At time of release of new and highly demanded products we have to prepare many hundreds of pre-orders in short time and processing in our shipping department takes a couple days longer than expected.

Another example:
Quote:
Estimated order processing 3-7 working days
it's written even on their website. SHould i say that i am sure it will not even be in 14 days?

Really really unhappy. Never again.
gumalcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2018, 01:42 PM   #18
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjfan View Post
To add to Question Mark's answer, this thread suggests that the closest Italian equivalent is the English idiom “compare apples and oranges” are the somewhat uncommon “confondere le mele con le pere” and it's vaguely similar to “mischiare il dolce col salato.”

There's more discussion at that link, much of it in Italian.

The connotation is that the two things being discussed are categorically different, and so you can't actually compare them in a meaningful sense. E.g. you can have a meaningful discussion about Bach vs. Mozart, but comparing Bach with Shakespeare is apples and oranges.
Thanks too Sjfan for this complement.

Sometimes, a sentences is exclusive to a language or an region, it could be difficult to know if this the case or if the sentence is usable in any language or region.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:11 AM   #19
Drew22
Connoisseur
Drew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Onyx Boox MAX
@gumalcan It is strange that he doesn't answer. I will contact him today about this.
Drew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:13 PM   #20
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumalcan View Post
I have experience in customer care and i know this behaviour is professionally unacceptable, whatever the reason is. If you are lacking cooperators you hire them. If you are experiencing tremendous delivery problems you inform the customer through your home page. And you ALWAYS answer at customer's emails.
Not sure if you've realised but Booxtor's/Waldemar's ereader.store is one man show shop. Sole trader, home/family business. Enthusiast.

You've probably never dealt with China where tomorrow means yesterday.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2018, 06:09 AM   #21
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Not sure if you've realised but Booxtor's/Waldemar's ereader.store is one man show shop. Sole trader, home/family business. Enthusiast
May be (I hope) that is not totally true for some details

Booxtor is 'Waldemar', sure !

The origin of 'ereader-store.de' now 'ereader.store' is
Quote:
EREADER-STORE is a product of merging of POCKETGOODS.de and POCKETBOOK-SHOP.de.
from this post : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=37

And in a post (8/11/2011 French format) he said
Quote:
3) I am working for Ereader-Store.de now. We have ordered 100 units of M92 and they will arrive in approx. three weeks. It will be the first bulk to Europe. We don't want collect preorderers before the bulk arrives in Germany and will start to sell M92 as soon as the m92 is in our German stock.
So I suppose that Booxtor/Waldemar doesn't work alone. And I hope it for him.

For the rest is true : big family (he has given the number of his children, and you can play to search how many), enthusiast and I add involved.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:01 AM   #22
Drew22
Connoisseur
Drew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Onyx Boox MAX
@gumalcan Hey, as I promised you I did contact Booxtor to clarify the problem. For the One Note he has many hundreds of preorders and there are massive delays in production since nobody anticipated there will be so many buyers. He did receive a first batch of a few hundreds e-readers and is very busy sending them all over the world. In fact, half of his clients wrote to him asking what is happening but he is not able to answer now.

The second batch comes next week and he will succeed until the end of next week to send all the ordered e-readers. For the moment he only sends the One Notes and Max2 that he has just received (and this takes lots of time) and answers technical questions about products sold and in warranty.

So, to all the guys still waiting for their e-readers, he asked you kindly not to panic, and have some more patience. All of you who put an order or a preorder will receive their product. There is no reason to compare his activity with the onerous practices of other vendors of e-readers.

Last edited by Drew22; 03-23-2018 at 08:03 AM. Reason: grammar
Drew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:05 AM   #23
Randy11
Wizard

I must be patient, only 5 days ... I'm waiting a reply to order the Max2.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:49 AM   #24
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew22 View Post
@gumalcan Hey, as I promised you I did contact Booxtor to clarify the problem. For the One Note he has many hundreds of preorders and there are massive delays in production since nobody anticipated there will be so many buyers. He did receive a first batch of a few hundreds e-readers and is very busy sending them all over the world. In fact, half of his clients wrote to him asking what is happening but he is not able to answer now.

The second batch comes next week and he will succeed until the end of next week to send all the ordered e-readers. For the moment he only sends the One Notes and Max2 that he has just received (and this takes lots of time) and answers technical questions about products sold and in warranty.

So, to all the guys still waiting for their e-readers, he asked you kindly not to panic, and have some more patience. All of you who put an order or a preorder will receive their product. There is no reason to compare his activity with the onerous practices of other vendors of e-readers.
Booxtor is serious. The Note I received was immaculate, and shrinkwrapped, the stylus was shrinkwrapped separately. The Max 2 from Amazon was open box with nothing shrinkwrapped.
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:03 AM   #25
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I must be patient, only 5 days ... I'm waiting a reply to order the Max2.
Some things in life are worth waiting for. This is definitely one of them.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:43 AM   #26
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Some things in life are worth waiting for. This is definitely one of them.
The delay to have a reply plus the delay to receive it ... but yes you're right of course
Old 03-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #27
iFlak
Enthusiast
iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: reMarkable
I'm impatient too. I wish I would have ordered with all of you instead of waiting for Amazon
iFlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:31 PM   #28
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Just make sure you all pay via Paypal, which is an option for Ereader.Store. You get full buyer protection that way from Paypal, even though it's not Ebay. Not much to lose...
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:45 PM   #29
gumalcan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew22 View Post
i really appreciate your help.Thanks!
From the other site i am still unhappy of the service provided by ereader store. In my opinion there is nothing excusable in the way this business is running. Nothing to do with your generous help, of course. Thank you again
Old 03-23-2018, 03:53 PM   #30
gumalcan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2011 View Post
Booxtor is serious. The Note I received was immaculate, and shrinkwrapped, the stylus was shrinkwrapped separately. The Max 2 from Amazon was open box with nothing shrinkwrapped.
sure, he is serious, i know him from many years. However if you lose control of the situation it's your fault.