Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-16-2016, 03:22 PM   #1
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Is there a way to disable the sleepcover function?

NiLuJe once offered a hack to disable the sleepcover function ("commenting the relevant block „Kobo sleep“(L246-252) in frontend/device/input.lua").

This hack was very useful, because I carry my Kobo in bags with magnets. Unfortunately a magnet in position is able to wake up the device and empty the batterie.

As this hack no longer works, is there another way to disable the sleepcover functionality in KR?
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:14 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I thought it was this:
After KOReader has been started and the settings files created:
you can set ["ignore_power_sleepcover"] = true in settings.reader.lua

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2016, 05:01 PM   #3
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
That's it! Thanks a lot, Ken!
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:05 PM   #4
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Thanks, this is really useful.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #5
Pavati
Pavati began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3, Kindle Paperwhite 3
I'm using Koreader on Pocketbook touch lux 3 and I'm utterly annoyed by Koreader forcing display of sleepcover (bookcover) whenever I press Home button on my pocketbook to access reader menu outside of the book. I tried the solution above, added the ["ignore_power_sleepcover"] = true line to settings.reader.lua, but it did not change anything.
Version I'm using is koreader-pocketbook-arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-v2015.11-1407-g06dfe4f

Last edited by Pavati; 01-13-2018 at 11:38 AM.
Pavati is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The power sleepcover is in reference to the use of a cover for the Kobo devices that includes a magnet in the part that closes over the screen. This magnet triggers a switch that can tell the device when the screen is covered or uncovered, and KOReader can put the device into suspend mode "automatically" when the device is covered.

I assume that the "reader menu" that you want to reach is a part of the Pocketbook software. You might have to exit KOReader before trying to use the PB software.

You might want to open an issue over at the project on Github. I think there are only a few developers who use a pocketbook device, so it may take awhile, to see it fixed.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 01-13-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote